Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How these buisness works

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterinwebsites

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have tried on godaddy and other websites to get a domain with 2 letters or 3 or 4 letters but did not got a chance

Now all the domains are already taken. how do we can get these domains now

If someone forgets to renew it the information to us comes so late that its already been sold at that time

I have subscribed to various websites who send me mail when some domain is dropped but all i found there is domains like americanboyfriends.com which everyone told me will have thousands of variation

I have seen some members having domain name with just 2 letters. So i am not sure what is a source of it.

If someone can share some example that will be great

Thanks

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They either were lucky enough to hand register a two letter domain or bought it. If you're looking for one now, if it's a LL.com expect to pay a minimum mid-$xxx,xxx range.

As for drop lists - if you have the time, sure, go over the whole pending deletes list and find the domains that you'll want. This will take a lot of time and probably swallow up a lot of money, even if the domains don't go into auction.

Find a niche that you're knowledgeable at (a video game, cars, boats, fishing etc.) and concentrate on that. You'll have a better chance of finding domains that are worth something, or may be in the near future. Plus, when it comes time to develop the domains your knowledge will help you with that and get visitors to your site(s).

I also don't mean to be rude with this but out of your posts so far, the vast majority were closed due to improper format or the wrong forum. This means you didn't take the time to read though this forum's rules. If you're not going to take 5-10 minutes to read though the rules, will you really take the hours and days it can take to research and find good domains? This isn't a business where you can just sit at a registrar for a couple of minutes, type in a few names and turn them around at a huge profit. Unless you are extremely lucky (and I'm talking a .000001% chance) it will take a lot of time, energy, and money to be able to build up a portfolio and learn the ropes before you even start to see sales breaking even, let alone pulling large profits.

Last edited:

masterinwebsites

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for advice

I am sorry not browsing through rules.

I thought these is new buisness so not that competition. But I think I was wrong

Will have to join back my company again

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for advice

I am sorry not browsing through rules.

I thought these is new buisness so not that competition. But I think I was wrong

Will have to join back my company again
This still IS new business although it's been around since 1985 :D
General Public still have no idea about domain business.
So, it's still not too late to try this business.

However, domaining is not easy business as it seem to outsider.
Here is my suggestion.

Join back your company again as you said.
Most people started this as part time and hobby.

Stop registering domains for now.
Read as much you can about domains at DNForum especially
sales forum and see which domains sell and which domains don't sell.
Do this until your eyes are about to pop out :eek:

As you read more, it will come to you naturally just like learning to ride bicycle.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 2 domains www.selltechnologies.com and www.dollarwatch.net, but i don't know how to sell or who to sell to. I have tried sedo.com, maybe i dont understand how the business operates.

Please i need your suggestions
To find out potential buyers for "selltechnologies.com".
Go to Google.
Type in "sell technologies" with quote.
If you see advertisers, you may want to contact them to see if they want to buy.

Or, go to Google and type in...
allinurl:selltechnologies
This will give you all url with "selltechnologies" in it.
You may want to contact them as well?

Or, you just wait for the buyer :eek:

Or, you can develop them and try to get good SE position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom