Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

how to approach a potential market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacpac

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a few questions regarding the following scenario:

I own the domain, JCloan.com. And I would like to approach companies like JCmortgage.com, JCfinance.com.au, JChomeloans.com, JCmortgageandtitle.com, JCfunding.com, JCmarshall.com etc etc, to see if they are interested in buying my domain name.

So my questions are,
1) Is it at all worth trying contacting these companies? Or, should I wait for them to contact me?
2) How should I approach them?:greenconfused:

Thanks a lot for looking. I would highly appreciate your suggestions.

Cheers:)

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many, many folks here make a good living approaching companies and selling them names. Many others seem to be just very lucky in having people approach them.

With a name like JCLoan, your potential market for resale is pretty narrow given the "JC", which means unless those businesses you mention generate some typo or other inherent traffic, you probably aren't seeing much PPC revenues.

Not seeing the natural traffic (if that's the case), you are relying on emotional response alone to sell the domain to these guys. You wont have the "facts" to value the domain to them. In other words, you may not be able to honestly say that buying the domain WILL give them 10,000 extra visitors every month.

So, I would think that approaching them with a SHORT email stating something to the effect that your domain has recently become available for sale and if interested, they should contact you directly.

Include you name and phone number. This always seems to garner better results than just an email. SPAM is on the radar and contact devoid of personal information will be considered spam.

Good luck!

GoPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom