Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to avoid trademark issues? Where to search for trademarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumar30

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought a domain on Godaddy auctions last year. Before I buy any domain, I do a trademark search on USPTO website. But this time, a company from Europe claims they have a trademark for my domain in Europe. They call it a community trademark. I searched for the keyword and found they really have the trademark. I was surprised to see that. I find trademarks of different countries on USPTO, but this time it was not listed on USPTO.

It looks like USPTO is not enough to search for trademarks?? what other websites should I search before buying domains? Does anyone have any similar experiences?

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mate
it all depends on the geo-location as well your business is targetted to, right!
if you are an indian whose base is in india and service spectrum is India, you need to first check with trademark registry in India

For complete info, visit - http://www.patentoffice.nic.in
It's a little lengthy process, charges depends per requirement and I have about 70+ pending requests with them...

for any help, do pm me. there may be delay in revert/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom