Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to Broker a Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupOfTea

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have found a buyer and seller. I could buy the domain myself and then sell but that would be risky if the sale doesn't close.

It's much easier to just introduce the seller to the buyer and take 15% fee and not actually touch the domain myself.

But how do I do this without the seller just working directly with the buyer and not paying me after I introduce them to each other?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

obviously, you aren't that confident that the buyer will buy....or that you could find and sell to another buyer.

so, based on that....you ain't worth 15%, just for introducing two parties.

but 5% from both is reasonable

prepare a written agreement, is some basic easy to read language, that entals exactly how you want this deal to go down.

get an "objective" mo fo to proof it

have it signed and notarized by all, send each a copy.

bam!

imo...

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and that agreement biggie proposed had better be a good one, plus it costs money (which party will pay for it ?) it's human nature for the potential buyer to just buy the name once the seller has it (are both in the same country ?) and perhaps blow the agreement lol, you need both to sign off on the fact that first you'll buy the name (or the seller may buy it after you direct him to do so), and then the seller will either buy it from you (just to sell it to the buyer after), or if the seller bought it then he'll still sell it to the same buyer, only directed by you.....think about it....maybe it's just me but isn't this is a little convoluted....and not necessary ?

wouldn't it be easier to buy the name yourself and then sell to the buyer ? why involve a seller and be ok w/a finder's fee ? why can't you sell it yourself ? your fear is that you'll be stuck with the domain and you'd rather have the seller be the one stuck with it, i get that......but the premise you outlined is a bit unusual, normally brokers only contact buyers once the seller owns the domain (or they contact sellers who own domains and need buyers brokers may know of) but a broker normally does not find a domain and tells Peter to buy it, and then tells Peter to sell to Paul, and as a broker he gets a %....but good luck, anyway

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom