Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to Bulk-Push Domains at GoDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1SiteNames.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This article used to contain information about bulk-pushing domains at GoDaddy, since their old system made it quite complicated. However since GoDaddy's interface re-design it's no longer difficult, so I am now changing this article to help with the next annoying GoDaddy interface problem : the hoops they make clients jump through to accept a pushed domain.

When you push a domain to a client, they receive an email with 'instructions' for accepting the push. However, the email is extremely unclear and it is highly unlikely that most people can even find the 'Accept Account Change' link since GoDaddy's re-designed interface has moved it to an obscure location. So, when I push a GoDaddy domain to a client, I include the instructions below. Feel free to copy these instructions for sending to your own clients. It is even useful to send these instructions to 'seasoned domainers' since many do not use GoDaddy often, and so appreciate the tips.

We have begun the transfer process. You should soon receive an email from GoDaddy, the email will include the important Transaction Codes which you must enter into your GoDaddy account to complete the transfer.

Please follow these steps :

(1) Log in to your GoDaddy account

(2) Click 'My Account'

(3) Look for the text : 'Domain Names' (top left next to the blue globe). Do not click on this, but simply move your mouse pointer over the words 'Domain Names' and a list of options will appear below - click on 'Accept an Account Change'.

(4) You will then be asked for the Transaction ID and Code, you will find these in the email you received from GoDaddy.

(5) The rest of the transfer process requires you to keep clicking 'Continue' many times until the 'transfer order' is complete. Unfortunately many people have some difficulty completing the whole process, because it is easy to mistakenly think that the process is complete when in fact there are still more steps that you need to 'Continue' through. GoDaddy considers this process to be a 'transfer order' with a charge of $0.00 and to complete the order you need to go through all the steps of the 'Checkout' procedure until it says your order is complete and there are no more steps. If you have any difficulty please feel free to contact us.

(6) After completing the whole Checkout process, you will soon receive another email from GoDaddy to confirm that the process has been completed successfully.

Domain Summit 2024

sukantab

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a very nice article, Can I add this to my new blog : e-blogz.com wth your link?

A1SiteNames.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. You can reprint this article, but please wait a few weeks - I will be updating this article, with an improved version that makes the process much easier.

RepCentral

DN Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't you just go to "Manage Domains", then click "Bulk Edit", add the domains into the selected list and then click the button "Change Account"?

Groups on Godaddy have always seemed overly complicated to me.

A1SiteNames.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Using the group function is much slower and buggy. It's better to just use Bulk Edit. I've updated the article with the simpler method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom