Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to determine of the PR is Valid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptaylor

DNF Newbie
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been looking through some data on expired domains and noticed that many PR 4-5-6 sites don't have many links which makes me question the validity of the PR. Then I looked through recentdly dropped domains and the data would indicate that there are quite a few domains that had PR 4-5-6 with no links, which makes me think that something is wrong because I know with a lot of people going through these list someone would pick up a valid PR 5 site for $8. What am I missing here? How do you determine whether the old PR has any value?

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many such sites' PR is forged.
You'll get forged PR when you forward your domain to high PR such as Google.com

To check valid PR, try this site.
http://www.checkpagerank.net/

I have been looking through some data on expired domains and noticed that many PR 4-5-6 sites don't have many links which makes me question the validity of the PR. Then I looked through recentdly dropped domains and the data would indicate that there are quite a few domains that had PR 4-5-6 with no links, which makes me think that something is wrong because I know with a lot of people going through these list someone would pick up a valid PR 5 site for $8. What am I missing here? How do you determine whether the old PR has any value?

georgemathews

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
beat me to it. I was just about to link the exact same site. its a great resource.

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
Search in google
info:example.com
if your site @ domain example.com comes out then its valid, if not or other sites come out then its ost probably fake.

siteman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PR is a delayed indicator.
So even if your domain already loses its backlink juice now, it may still show valid PR
'for a while', till next time big-G and the datacenters update their stats.

Always check backlinks before making any decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom