Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to determine $ per click for specific keywords

• Thread starter Deleted member 111831
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 111831

Is there a way to figure out how much I will earn per click for various keywords other than trial and error? Do any parking companies publish these? I know some of my domains contain super high value keywords, yet they mostly get less than $0.50 per click, so need to figure out how to optimize better. Thanks for any tips.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to figure out how much I will earn per click for various keywords other than trial and error? Do any parking companies publish these? I know some of my domains contain super high value keywords, yet they mostly get less than $0.50 per click, so need to figure out how to optimize better. Thanks for any tips.

I learnt this from one of Adam's posts back in the days.

Google's Keyword Tool will give you a good idea of the highest paying keywords. Look up a keyword and sort using "Show estimated avg CPC." (set to $10 or $20).

It's also smart to not only go after the highest CPC, but you should also make sure that the keyword has a high advertiser competition (to make sure you get lots of rotated ads). Unless it's s small niche ofc.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

basically, the answer is no

it will always be trial and error

why?

advertising budgets change, vistor search habits change, spending goes up and down, etc. etc.

i see some domainers use adwords to get bid prices for keywords and think they will see same amount reflected in EPC.

though it doesn't always turn out that way.

but you can get an idea of what certain ppc services pay for a category, based on stats posted by other sellers.

i and other members often post domains for sale and include stats for those domains

if you take this info and tool it....

i've said enough :)

imo...

D

Deleted member 111831

Ya that's what prompted the question really. I see people selling similar domains and making loads more per click. I don't think AdWords is accurate because we get middlemanned twice on that price (Google/Yahoo then the parking company) but I think I will start using that to help refine my trial and error at least.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ya that's what prompted the question really. I see people selling similar domains and making loads more per click. I don't think AdWords is accurate because we get middlemanned twice on that price (Google/Yahoo then the parking company) but I think I will start using that to help refine my trial and error at least.

start using what?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with biggie on this.

One top of different advertisers and just getting lucky (or unlucky) at times, there seems to be no sense to the way PPC are made.

I can have a $32.00 click and then end up with a $0.18 click for the same name on the same day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom