Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

how to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
to have parked page under your domain.com instead of redirected to
http://meanwhile.com/?domain=

some of domains are under actual name and the others goes to meanwhille and i cant find a cause to that, please enlighten..

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you are visiting the domain name from a country not supported by Yahoo feed, meaning anywhere else but US and Ca, meanwhile.com will appear. Meanwhile.com appears when the ASK feed is in use

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Self parking - you create the parked page yourself using pay-per click advertising (Adsence, other affiliate programs etc..).

You get more $ per click and you have 100% control allowing better SEO.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you do not get more per click in most cases... at least that is according to my experience. Feed providers tend to put higher paying ads on parked pages than on content sites

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Self parking - you create the parked page yourself using pay-per click advertising (Adsence, other affiliate programs etc..).

You get more $ per click and you have 100% control allowing better SEO.

yes but just be careful with adsense, don't they close accounts now if you have just mfa sites?, but if you have good quality traffic and/or you can manipulate the adds that are showing (url can do this) and you don't get smart priced to less than 1c per click :)

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you dont get more clicks either in most cases, in a website you are lucky to have 20% CTR, but in a parking page it is normal to have 40%.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes but just be careful with adsense, don't they close accounts now if you have just mfa sites?, but if you have good quality traffic and/or you can manipulate the adds that are showing (url can do this) and you don't get smart priced to less than 1c per click :)

Yes they can, but if you have some relevant content they won't. My mini-site has a page for news and notes, one for reviews, and one for related items on Amazon.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
if you are visiting the domain name from a country not supported by Yahoo feed, meaning anywhere else but US and Ca, meanwhile.com will appear. Meanwhile.com appears when the ASK feed is in use

i'm visiting all domains from uk and half of them okay and half - meanwhile, so the country is not the case, what else?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
names that doesnt meet the yahoo quality criteria also goes to meanwhile

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
so i need to change keywords ?

or there is no chance at all?

what if i forward instead of changing dns?

Donsimon.......?

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if the visitor comes from one of the countries I mentioned, it will show meanwhile. nothing will change that. I think UK is also not supported by the Yahoo feed - someone correct me if Im wrong

Blue and Gold

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UK is supported by Yahoo plus some 20 or 30 other countries. At one time I had a list but cant find it now. There could be several reasons you are getting meanwhile in countries supported by Yahoo. One you are advertising a keyword that does not have enough bidders. Or for some reason Yahoo does not want "outside" traffic for that keyword. Also from what I have found and I have not verified this with Donny. Lets say you are using the keyword "dog" and someone before you used that same word. That someone was advertising that keyword on a crappy search engines and the traffic was poor at best. If the advertiser sees very poor traffic coming from a provider then he can turn that traffic off to his site. Doesn't matter if your traffic is the best that can be had or not. After a while none of the advertisers want that traffic and they all turn that provider off. Then traffic is redirected to meanwhile or in most cases Ask feed.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
just an update for anyone else who may have the same problem - successfully resolved with forwarding/masking option

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom