Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to fix the live auction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its very simple, either change the script, or just make a rule stating the starting bid for each name listed can't be over $5.

No offense, but one member listed AddictingGames.ca for $6000 last week. Its a nice name, but I dont think a .ca has ever sold for that much, nevermind a 2 word .ca.

We need to make the auction a place where members can unload their unwanted names to regain some of their reg fee and where members can pick up cheap names for development or whatever.

If you want much more than $5 for your name, dont list it in the auction...

Please try implementing this, more bids will surely follow....

Upvote 0

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good suggestions there GT, we are weighing many options at this time with it and having the ebay style site redone as we speak also. There is no doubt that the current state of the live auction needs some help %+|

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cool, I look forward to seeing these improved features...

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The dollar auction didn't fly before and it won't fly now. People will just get tired of giving up names for a few dollars. Ebay auctions for domains don't work on ebay so they surely won't work here. On another note I sold four names a few weeks ago at auction at close to the same price I was asking on the forums.

Just let it run the way it is eventually people will participate. As the old saying goes "If you build it, they will come." Just make sure it works when they do come.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so many people have suggested notification on the front page different from where it normally is.

ie. above the list of forums.

I check the auction list before I go.

There has yet to be anything that caught my eye except for clutters.com, which I bought from it.

People putting BETTER names, making the system FLAW free (no downtime), and notification would be 3 more reasons for me to go to the auctions.

- 2 cents -

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, let's get it straight ...
DISCLAIMER: This is just my personal opinion and does not reflect those of DNForum or other modeartors/administrators AT ALL.
For ANY auction to succeed, we need not only SELLERS but also BUYERS. (It just takes two to tango!) Some members have argued before that we don't need end-users here, and that's EXACTLY why our auction has failed hitherto: the wholesaler market is a rather small finite which simply cannot afford a weekly auction forever.

Moreover, sellers wouldn't care to list their *good* names or even attend at all unless they know there are buyers attending as well. I'd say: BRING IN THE END-USERS! We need more buyers here. (We could of course reserve some forums, e.g. the Platinum Lounge, like we do now, so resellers can exchange trade secrets.)

Just my two cents. ;)

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hotdog_pk said:
can the free memberships bid?

You must have read my post in another thread. I think bronze members can attend but they cannot bid or list names. This needs to be verified as the membership level details may have changed. Bronze makes up the largest portion of the membership and would make sense to include them for bidding on names in my opinion.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Again I forgot that we had an auction for the last 2 months.

As said many times, we need some notification!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
Again I forgot that we had an auction for the last 2 months.

As said many times, we need some notification!

I agree. We need notification, we need the auction banner back, and text in the header on auction day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom