Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to force the seller to sell the name at sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A couple days ago I've won a domain in sedo auction, but today my agent contacted me telling that the seller do not want to sell the domain for that price ( winning bid ) , is there any way to force this guy to honor the deal ??

Thanks

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A couple days ago I've won a domain in sedo auction, but today my agent contacted me telling that the seller do not want to sell the domain for that price ( winning bid ) , is there any way to force this guy to honor the deal ??

Thanks

Wow, what an ass. I mean, I've regretted sending domains to no reserve-auctions several times and I've even lost $x,xxx, but I always honor the deal. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do though other than trying to threaten him with legal consequences, but both he and you know that you most likely won't waste time and money on taking it to court.

You should at least nag the agent about it and "demand" him to close the seller's Sedo account. Tough luck.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Same thing happened to me less than two weeks ago. Sedo said the buyer did not want to sell and after I won a 7 day aucton. The funny thing is Sedo keeps sending me bills saying I have to pay for the auction I won. I really wanted the name too. Sucks. There is nothing we can do about that would be cost effective and non-time consuming. I'm just moving on.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sedo doesn't care :(

too bad

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thanks

if a seller does honor a sale, you can request the defaulting sellers contact information. sedo is actually required to give you their name and address. i have done this several times... then you at least know who the person is.

(if you dont already know who the seller is via whois info)

Area52

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not a lot that one can do that makes financial sense, at least for most names four figures or less and the buyer is on the other side of the globe.
If Sedo gets tired of losing commisions because of this, they might do something different to help ensure payment.
I'm a litttle curious to know, after Sedo cancels a transaction, how offen they attempt to collect the commision from buyers that do not pay.

For the time being, it would be nice to have a place online to publicly post the identity of non-payers @ Sedo and other venues also, for that matter.

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, what an ass. I mean, I've regretted sending domains to no reserve-auctions several times and I've even lost $x,xxx, but I always honor the deal.

Yeah remember 4-4 auction , I believe it was pain to leave it for that price , very recently Laa.net put me negative for about 800$ ( bought it from you ;) earlier ) , but thats how system works and we all doing mistakes , but some jerks truly believe that reputaion is not important at all. I'll surely will do my best to shut down that guys account ( I've already asked my agent to do it ).

The next thing I'm going to do is to send a email with threat ( sometimes it works )

if a seller does honor a sale, you can request the defaulting sellers contact information. sedo is actually required to give you their name and address. i have done this several times... then you at least know who the person is.

(if you dont already know who the seller is via whois info)

Actually I have this guy is from russia , maybe I'll even give a call to him as russian is my second language .

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Thanks

to date, i never thought of trying to force someone to either buy or sell me a domain.

it's like "domain fate" .... all in the hands of the "domain gods"

if they want you to have a domain, then you will get it.

sorry you missed that one, but there will be others

:)

i hate the fake bidders though, and they should be dealt with.

especially when they get your hopes all high for a sale

i had a $50K offer for a nn.net thru email, which i steered to sedo

the guy made the offer at sedo, then after i accepted, they canceled to transaction.

thought they were supposed to "certify" buyers beforehand?

sedo you still got work to do!

Last edited:

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the domain was nothing special - but I was bidding on it on behalf my client ( whom I told that I've already won it ) . And because of this jerk I've have to explain them the whole situation with tons of excuses

once I've forced deadbeat buyer to pay for a domain with lawsuit threat, and will try my luck here who knows maybe it'll work

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom