Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to get a lawyer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZoomZoom

I know this is a remedial question but I have never hired one. I want a lawyer for my business that I can query from time to time for advice and of course represent me if I have a problem.

How does one go about this typically ? Do you pay a retainer or pay as you go or what ?

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends. I had a lawyer who helped me with the start of my corp (I paid him) and he helped me from time to time, usually free if it wasn't too much trouble. When I needed him again, I paid hourly rates. But if you plan on using him alot, then expect to put up a retainer and they will deduct everything from that. But that would be an arrangement you would need to make with the attorney themself. When you do look for one, try to find one who has knowledge in the field you think you would need the most help doing (IE- contacts, domains, liyigation. etc)

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I paid a retainer to have an attorney take my case - child support. I like it better that way, personally. I think they work differently and it depends on the industry Im sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom