Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to get EPP Auth-Code @ Dotster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am trying to transfer a .org domain away from Dotster, and in order to do it, I need the EPP Authorization Code. I've emailed them, but they're not responding in a timely fashion. Does anyone here know how I can get that Authorization Key?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to do the same with Namescout with the same problems - I'm wondering if some Registrars are just not keeping up with the changes and as a result it's becoming impossible to transfer some .org's.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some registrars have not transitioned to EPP yet, for .org -- might need to wait until they do.

I had the opposite problem. eNom had switched to EPP before OpenSRS, so I waited until OpenSRS switched to EPP before doing my transfer, moving a domain eNom--->OpenSRS.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The generic auth_info code for a .org transfer from an RRP registrar to a registrar using EPP is:

epp-migration

That is what was given to me by NameSystem, who is still operating under RRP, when I wanted to move a .org domain to eNom. This is also outlined in this document by PIR:

Advisory: Transfer Operations under RRP-to-EPP Transitions
http://www.pir.org/faqs/for_registrars/transfer_advisory

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same here :-

From PIR.ORG

"Thank you for contacting the Public Interest Registry. In order to successfully transfer your .ORG domain, I suggest that you contact (receiving registrar) and provide them with the following link. It is not necessary to contact your previous registrar as the new registrar will guide you through the process of transferring your domain name. This information should help Enom with the transfer.

http://www.orgtransition.info/dir/faqs/transfer_advisory

Kind Regards,
Sarah

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After almost 5 days and two requests, I still have not received a response from Dotster. Some customer service. Does anybody know if Dotster has converted to EPP for .org management? Does anybody have a contact at Dotster who can help me with this?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How can I get my authorization codes for my domain?

Answer
We do not have access to your Authcodes, but you do:

1) Log into your account.

2) Click on LIST DOMAINS.

3) Click on the name of the domain in question.

4) Click to obtain the Authcode. It will be e-mailed directly from the registry to the email address associated with the domain.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I transferred some .orgs away from dotster a few days ago. Simply use epp-migration as the auth code.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname - That doesn't work for .org domains. No option.

888 - Apparently they're still operating under RRP. Just want I needed to know. Thank you very much.

M

mole

Originally posted by 888
Simply use epp-migration as the auth code.

Isn't that a bit of a security issue? Does the registrant at the current registrar need to confirm this transfer?

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNMole

Isn't that a bit of a security issue? Does the registrant at the current registrar need to confirm this transfer?

Yes, probably! It is just like transferring .com and .net, whether a 2nd confirmation is needed depends on the current registrar.

Anyway, I always LOCK my domains whenever possible so it shouldn't be an issue for me :eek:k:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom