Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to get scammed by intrustdomains.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Intrustdomains.com aka. DropLabel.com, Inc.

2416 Main Street Suite 223 Vancouver BC V5T 3E2
Canada
1-888-347-9480
[email protected].

The say they have first come first served service. Not true. They get greedy.

Read my story here.

here is someone elses story

If you have good stories let me know.

Lesson learned

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also don't trust them because they say even if they catch domains, they might sell it to others as "priority offers".

Say you catch a nice name and they like it, they might simply ask someone to buy that.

Waste of time, I think.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they also send out email to people trying to sell the domain before they even own it. scummy as f*cuk@!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They looked promising but they have some disturbing way of doing business.
After the snapnames fiasco this is not going to bring trust to the industry.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interesting name for a company, its like calling a 400 lb frat boy, Tiny.
90% of the time, its the total opposite.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they monitor the bids at namejet.com for names they go after and if they catch them they offer them to the highest bidder on NJ for their last bid.

interesting name for a company, its like calling a 400 lb frat boy, Tiny.
90% of the time, its the total opposite.

Funniest post here in a long time :)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they monitor the bids at namejet.com for names they go after and if they catch them they offer them to the highest bidder on NJ for their last bid.

Funniest post here in a long time :)
how do they contact someone knowing only their bidder name on namejet?

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
past auction wins -> whois

!!amazingday!!

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had Intrustdomains email me on several occassions.

Usually they contact me when a .COM is about to drop when i own the .NET version of that domain. They basically send me then a different email each day trying to get me to backorder the domain through their site. I just email them back saying I have zero interest in the domain so they don't try to drop catch it (unless of course someone else showed interest in it as well). After sending this email I then find out the exact time the domain will drop and hand reg it myself for a fraction of the cost.

I hand regged 2 domains this way. I didn't even know they were about to drop if it wasnt for intrust domains emailing me about them so I guess they are good for something ;)

Last edited:

templar

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
!!amazingday!!, I'm in your shoes...and I'm kinda shocked they are so dumb to not use the available services to ensure that hand regg'ing can't beat them...but just want to say thanks - great tip! hand reg if you get an email from intrustdomains..the Nigerian scam domain company (according to their alexa stats).

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unfortunately have seen them beat the top three public catchers lately on some decent names.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From their website...."All customer service is treated with the highest of responsibility".....and "no matter what the issue, the buck stops with Rose"....her email is below. Maybe she can buck up some explanations here about their reported shady dealings.

INTRUST DOMAINS-
Company Overview
Intrust Domains enters the marketplace in defiance of the worlwide rush to embrace depression, recession and pessimism. With an unshakable faith in the power of ingenuity, creativity, hard work, great customer service and world-class engineering, we seek to empower the little guy to succeed by bringing their business to the Internet in the most cost-effictive manner possible (without one ounce of compromise on quality).

We bring together the on-ramp to the Internet with industry-leading turn around time and approval rates on merchant accounts to get our clients online making money more quickly than any other route that we know of.

Allo customer service is treated with the highest of responsibility. We pride ourselves in our rapid response time and thoroughness in resolving all reported issues.

Meet Our Team
Rose McCaige
Director of US Operations
Rose brings over a decade of small business management and leadership in customer service to bear in heading up our US operation. No matter what the issue is, the buck stops with Rose. She can be reached at [email protected] and will be very glad to help you.

Mark Patterson
Director of Sales
Mark is head of sales at Intrust Domains. Mark has been working sales for 7 years. He knows how to exceed the expectations of his clients to make the buying experience a pleasant, memerable one. Mark will make sure that the solution for you is custom-tailored just right to match your needs.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AFAIK Epik bought a registrar, possibly several from these parasites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom