Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to get screenshots of parking stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

redomainer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is a very basic question and I'm sure the answer is very simple. I've noticed in the forum that buyers of domains frequently ask for "screen shots" of the parking statistics. I've tried a few different times to get a screen shot of my parking stats but I don't think I'm doing it correctly.

What's the best way to get the kind of screen shot of parking stats that potential domain buyers are looking for?

Secondly, as a buyer, I want to put together a portfolio of revenue-producing domains that get traffic:

1) How many months of traffic stats should I ask for?

2) Is there a formula most buyers use to determine how much
they'll pay for domains with traffic (3X, 5X, 10X, 20X yearly
parking revenue)?

3) What are some of the pitfalls to avoid when buying domains
for the traffic revenue? I suspect some of the domains being
sold were recently websites and the traffic is/will be
decreasing thereby decreasing the value of
the name. I also suspect there are a lot of TM'd names that
one has to be careful of buying. Anything else?

4) From what I read on the forum, it looks like it's best to stick
with generic terms that also are "brandable".

5) Lastly, are some domain sellers able to edit the screen shots of the parking stats to make them look better or "pad" the revenue by phony clicks? How can I as a buyer limit my chances of being duped?

I appreciate your advice!

Bill

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Windows screenshots will give you a bloated bmp file and little control over the area used as the screenshot- not very user friendly.

Use Firefox - install snapper extension - using snapper once installed you can highlight exactly what you want to use as your screen shot - save the file as png. Click - drag - save. Quick and easy screenshots.

webd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On Firefox, try the Screengrab extension (better than snapper). It takes screenshots of the entire Web page -- even parts that are off the screen.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On Firefox, try the Screengrab extension (better than snapper). It takes screenshots of the entire Web page -- even parts that are off the screen.

I just installed this and it worked like a charm. Saves me a lot of time using Photoshop.

redomainer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I just installed SnagIt-works great! Let's say I capture 5 different screenshots, am I just going to attach all of them as PNG files?
I've seen others just send links. Opinions?

How do you know if domain sellers are manipulating the screen shots (can they) to show higher revenue?

Bill

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you know if domain sellers are manipulating the screen shots (can they) to show higher revenue?

Bill

Yes you can manipulate the screen shots - rather easily too. Always check to see how they are getting the traffic they claim. Does it have existing backlinks, i.e. was it a website - how long was it established, is it a type-in domain - xr49g.org types don't qualify there.

Know the seller and do your research. If it seems suspicious - it probably is.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I just installed SnagIt-works great! Let's say I capture 5 different screenshots, am I just going to attach all of them as PNG files?

I prefer saving them as JPG files....

Congrats on the purchase, I really need to upgrade mine.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes you can manipulate the screen shots - rather easily too. Always check to see how they are getting the traffic they claim. Does it have existing backlinks, i.e. was it a website - how long was it established, is it a type-in domain - xr49g.org types don't qualify there. Know the seller and do your research. If it seems suspicious - it probably is.

I would not trust a screenshot (from an unknown seller) if it is something they can manipulate the data on. The whole idea of a screenshot is something that can be counted on to provide "proof" of traffic, clicks and revenue.

Always check to see how they are getting the traffic they claim. Does it have existing backlinks, i.e. was it a website - how long was it established, is it a type-in domain - xr49g.org types don't qualify there.

Can you elaborate on how to "see how they are getting the traffic"
Thanks

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Windows screenshots will give you a bloated bmp file and little control over the area used as the screenshot- not very user friendly.

Use Firefox - install snapper extension - using snapper once installed you can highlight exactly what you want to use as your screen shot - save the file as png. Click - drag - save. Quick and easy screenshots.

When you save the file you choose jpeg for the extension and not the bmp. That brings it back into line.:approve:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you save the file you choose jpeg for the extension and not the bmp. That brings it back into line.:approve:

It's been so long since I've done it that I way I forgot! Snapper and the others are just so much easier to use though - mainly because you get the screenshot of only what you want and not the entire screen.

Drawback with snapper on firefox is it won't catch anything in a swf(flash) object. It just shows a blank. Do the other programs people listed here overcome that problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom