Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

how to hunt domain names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msslife

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I just registered to the forum and I directly subscribed to Gold member ship to because I am very serious in learning how to hunt domain names.

I am beginner or noob call me as you like. And I am wondering from where should I start to learn how to hunt domains? Is there a topic guide here? or a good ebook you suggest?

I want something that show all the steps and all the good tips I can do.

Thanks

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I just registered to the forum and I directly subscribed to Gold member ship to because I am very serious in learning how to hunt domain names.

I am beginner or noob call me as you like. And I am wondering from where should I start to learn how to hunt domains? Is there a topic guide here? or a good ebook you suggest?

Thanks

topic guide and every other subject or question you could conceive, can be found by entering the keywords of interest here:

http://www.dnforum.com/search.php

learn how to use this tool and use it often.

imo...

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mohammad,
Why do you want to "hunt" for domains?
Are you a hoarder? Do you just want to buy every great domain you can?
The best way to get information on a name is to type [whatever].com in your browser.
Are you "hunting" domains to buy to resell for a profit?
Have you heard stories about beer.com or chocolate.com selling for millions? If that is what drove you here, that time had long passed.
Unless you have millions to spend, it is very hard to acquire great, even good names cheaply. After someone owns a domain name or 10 or 12 years, they are very well aware of the value of their domains.
If you are trying to make money, I recommend the fast paced world of "expired domain auctions"
Like biggie says, use the search box option link, and search this forum for every ounce of information and knowledge you can.
but remember as with any competitive marketplace, there is a lot of misinformation out there too.
oh and there may be an issue with one of the dropcatchers. Snapnames is said to have an "internal issue" in relation to shill bidding, price inflating, theft, tax evasion, money laundering, accounting fraud, and corruption.
PM me if you need help in "hunting" for the best names being auctioned.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hunt day in and day out...

There are several facts to consider when hunting..

the name
current owner
pricing

I think the biggest mistake people make is not knowing their market values. Before you hunt and buy anything you need to know your margins!

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lol.

I think this is the next domain meme.

I got a lot of hunting to do today...

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While it often depends on the prey, some people shoot straight, others are snipers. Some wait in the bushes, others go right to the target.

Good luck!

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what type of names are you hunting for?

short
premium
acronyms
brandable
geo's
adult
all of the above

cubed

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
another way to look for gems is checking out the expired domains lists if all you want to pay is registration fees
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello guys.

Thanks

First, welcome aboard my sultan friend, Mohammad Fadin. :)

yes there is an ebook that I would recommend but its probably outdated already. the key is finding good keyword domain names and using a good keyword tool is the start such as Google keyword tool and there's another tool that I highly recommend but it has a price and I have a discount. (pm me)

All I can say is don't go registering any name just because it sounds good to you because 90% of the time its not a good name. Also, don't chase trends as they only last for a while and die out.

Your best bet is to read through the threads and take notes and soon you'll get the inside scoops. Also check out DNJournal and other publications. I subscribe to Domainers magazine.

Most of what I've learned is from right here at DNF and I'm still learning but know more than what I use to.

You can pm me if in doubt.

Rus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom