• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How to "Lock" Domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryHeat

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
825
Reaction score
0
Wondering what's the advantage of putting a "lock" on domains at the registrar level. Would someone share how to do that at eNom?

Thanks.

Sent an e-mail to eNom in this regard several days ago, no response so far!
 
First thing, go here...

http://www.enom.com/domains/DomainManager.asp

click on the domain you wish to lock/unlock

under 'Utilities', you'll see...

'contact/whois information'

'set reg-lock/auto renew options'

...and others.

Hope that helps.


Lats...
 
Originally posted by Lats
First thing, go here...

http://www.enom.com/domains/DomainManager.asp

click on the domain you wish to lock/unlock

under 'Utilities', you'll see...

'contact/whois information'

'set reg-lock/auto renew options'

...and others.

Hope that helps.


Lats...

Thanks for the help Lats, but all I get in the options is following:


Ø Contact/Whois Information
Ø Set Auto-Renew options
Ø Domain Access Password
Ø Push/Move this domain into a different eNom account

In other words I do get the "Set Auto-Renew options" but it does not include the "set reg-lock" part! Is something wrong with my account settings?
 
:confused: I really don't know, sorry.


Lats...
 
Originally posted by DryHeat


Thanks for the help Lats, but all I get in the options is following:


Ø Contact/Whois Information
Ø Set Auto-Renew options
Ø Domain Access Password
Ø Push/Move this domain into a different eNom account

In other words I do get the "Set Auto-Renew options" but it does not include the "set reg-lock" part! Is something wrong with my account settings?

That is weird. Did you click on "Set auto Renew Options"?

There should be two choices under there - one of them being "Do not allow this name to be transferred to another registrar (recommended)."

As far as the advantage, it helps prevent unauthorized hijacking of your names.

-Bob
 
Thanks Bob. I just got this explanation from eNom:

"Oh, I'll bet I know what it is... Is it a .info, .biz, or .us domain?
If so, there are no locks for these domains. You must have the
authorization key to transfer these domains. The authorization code can be found by going to the Contact/WHOIS Info and scrolling to the bottom of the page.

Carolyn Mitchell
Customer Service Representative
eNom, Inc. "


Thought I'd post it here since it'd likely clarify things for others, esp. those who like myself are more into the new tlds.. ;)
 
Originally posted by DryHeat
those who like myself are more into the new tlds.. ;)

I really Really need to change my handle - but I'll "prefer" dot coms for a littlel while longer :)
 
Originally posted by DotComster


I really Really need to change my handle - but I'll "prefer" dot coms for a littlel while longer :)

Make sense...especially if you're one of those lucky ones who're sitting on some good .Coms....As for me, I much rather work with Pregnancy.info than MyFirstBaby.com....:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom