Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to make U$10,000+ a month with Sedo parking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just have 100's of high traffic domains?
no secrets?

off course you need good word optimization so you get good click through but I would like to know like how many domains you guys making the big bucks have and how long did it take to get there.

Thanks

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can't claim I make anything remotely close to that, but I am now making 10 times what I was making 1 year ago. Takes optimization, traffic increase and good choice of keywords.

chungju4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
im making 1/2 of what i was a year ago. - mostly due to account and domain sales. i sold out too early :)

these days not much traffic domains available for reg price. qsrch /new.net last year and a now the domain registers took care of that with the big traffic sweeps. register millions of domains (anything and everything) and delete the ones that dont have traffic. keep the rest.

in 2003/4 i averaged about $6 earnings per domain/ per month. alot were only $0.50 but because loans and banking ones took it up. some names around $100-200 a month. roi overall usually then in 1-4 months depending on extension and reg cost.

$10k a month was quite easy if u started 2003. soso if u started early 2004.
It's impossible now.

before all u needed was 1-2,000 typos, tms- at reg fee. the quality and traffic is too low now.

i just started again from scratch and regged 1,700 (approx), since march2005, (all with ov) and they doing pretty badly compared to what i could have regged 1 year ago. revenue is much less.

previously u could have $10k per month after 3 months hard work regging names. Depending on your scripts, access to domain info / lists etc and enough on your credit cards to pay for all the registrations.

only realistic way to do it now, is to start buying accounts. and take a better rev share than the person you bought it from. - i.e. buying a domainhop account for 1 year revenue, and putting it on your own overture feed, or power bonus sedo account and with the better revenue share, cutting that 1 year down to a 6 months roi. too many people doing that now, and before when u could buy accounts for 6mon-1 year revenue, its gone up from 1(lucky)-3 years revenue.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very good insight "chungju4"

your "volume theory" works very well, as an application!

however, it's still possible, but the roi may take longer to acheive now.

so instead of 6 months to 1 yr.

now it's 1 to 3 years!

in 2008, i would enjoy a $10k per month revenue stream!

further still........$10k per year is acheivable now

chungju4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
however, it's still possible, but the roi may take longer to acheive now.
so instead of 6 months to 1 yr.
now it's 1 to 3 years!
in 2008, i would enjoy a $10k per month revenue stream!
further still........$10k per year is acheivable now

yeh maybe, - but the market, world, law is changing. in a negative way regarding ppc and domains. most people only see the short term increases.
In the long term it will end.

u cant get generic traffic anymore for reg fee (besides a few random finds).
It's almost as hard to get even typo/tm traffic.

that leaves buying accounts. People with real generic domain portfolios are not selling for 1-3 years revenue. you will be lucky to get tm;s at that price.

i would not advise buying tm's now and waiting till 2006,7, or 8 for the roi.
the market is going to crash as people/law firms, courts become more aware of tm's and ppc squatting. (portfolio reclaims like with zuccini ?? i cant wait for the day that the court says, yes qsrch/new.net , your 200,000 domains are all tm's and rip offs from major companies. the state is confiscating them all and fining you $100k per domain as is the law)

2002, 2003 was the year to find all the traffic at reg price.
early - mid 2004 (before the ulsearch sale) was the time to buy it accounts and tm's.
2005 is the time to wait and recoup your expenses before it all crashes.

if your going to start buying generic traffic now, i hope u have 500k + to spend. If your going to start buying tms or typos you will still need 50k at least and your not going to get much for that. also VERY high risk of losing it all before you recoup your expense.

the easy times for the average domainer are over. i had to bust my ass for the last 3 months, and have only reached $4k a month in that time.
That is using every trick and method in the book, as well as inventing new ones.

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That was good. Thanks, chungju4!
I have similar observations.

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so basically if I am a noobie you would not advice me to enter the market at this stage?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ProPlay said:
so basically if I am a noobie

Even noobie dot com is registered and "making money". %+|

Chungju is 4k your monthly revenue or profit?

chungju4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
Even noobie dot com is registered and "making money". %+|

Chungju is 4k your monthly revenue or profit?

4k is the monthly profit. when I break even next month from registration costs.

this 4k is just what i got to since starting at -$0.00 ,with a new set of accounts in march 2005. i set myself a target to equal what i was earning from my old domains 2 years ago. im not near it yet but hopefully i reach it one day :)

i have domains and other accounts before this. but i stupidly took a long break from domains. i started back buying again and making up for lost time 3 month ago.

i'll give you guys a secret hint. - look outside the box. u can't do this on a big scale with .com's anymore.

im talking about available traffic for reg price. u can still get .com's in the drops however.

think about other extensions, and traffic sources. proplay - u can still start from nothing , but if u dont have any knowledge or experience, then it's going to be dam near impossible. - you dont have scripts or a source of domains to work from. - best bet for you i would say is get your city or national phone book. start at page 1, check every big company/theatre/hotel/non profit , and look for typos of that. u will need $500-$1k to start.

ie, ei, ou, uo, plurals, singular, trans - i.e. holidays to travel , to vacation, thomastravel - check thomasholidays, thomasvacations, tomastravel, thomastrvl, thomastraval, thomastravels etc.

time consuming but you should find enough to spend $1k - u need to guess the traffic since overture usa won't go below 25. if the real domain shows ov over a few hundred, u can guess what will have ov but not show.

that used to be real easy. but as i said companies like new.net buying 500,000 domains a month testing for traffic, and deleting most of them afterwards, means nothing is left.

be careful with what u buy otherwise it won't make any money and you will be stuck with hundreds of worthless domains that dont even mean anything and incorrectly spelled :)

TrafficNames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there is no way of trademarking every Typo ? of coures if it worth it like geogle.com

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TrafficNames said:
there is no way of trademarking every Typo ? of coures if it worth it like geogle.com

You would not need to trademark a typo.

As for the comments about. The law changing. I think you will find out, this is something that really can not be resolved overnight. Due to Jurisdiction issues, the world market would have to agree. These things take time.

Only the other day the Department of Trade and Industry in the UK. Denounced Nominet UK as having any legal powers with regards to enforcing people to hand over domain names.

I really think you will find that society will change before the law, of course unless a DotCom 9/11 incident was to happen, I really dont see any knee jerk Draconian Laws being applied in the next 5 years, but I never like to say never.. as we cant predict what can happen.. we can only speculate

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom