Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to push a name in Rackshack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvspecialkvw

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see a change of ownership link but then it asks for the owners username and password...Im confused....Help would be much appreciated...

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well,

I would image it requires the same thing as reg fly.

What you do is create a new account (neutral) and push it there.

hand that account over to the new owner, than the new owner can puch it from there.

Make sense?

wvspecialkvw

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok....then they can change that account password....because the issue i was concerned with was how am I going to create an account and know my purchasers account username and password...didnt make sense till now....thanx

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tucow's whole registration scheme is a little whacked! It seems like to them, a domain is actually a domain, linked to a user-name, linked a password!

So steen is correct, I've done this the same way- , you just "create" a new "trio" (domain, pass, username), and give the password to the new owner and poof! They own the domain! Then they can transfer it the same way to their own account.

I think this is a pretty wierd system compared to.... well, everyone else!

WebCat

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Tucows system. I think it rocks. :-D

-Bob

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
It seems like to them, a domain is actually a domain, linked to a user-name, linked a password!
It USED TO be that way, but they have since changed and you now can have multiple domains under the same username and password combo. And I have to agree that OpenSRS/Tucows has the most user-friendly interface and a well-supported backend for both resellers and end-users.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL! Since I am definitely a "new" Tucows customer, I have to adjust to their system.

I'm used to just pushing a domain to someone else's account and presto! It's done!

Also, (at least at Rackshack's reseller interface), there seems to be no "bulk" way to purchase, move or otherwise affect my domains.

But.. I still like the Cow! :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I think this is a pretty wierd system compared to.... well, everyone else!

WebCat

Also remember,

If you are clumsy and unlucky, how easy is it to push a domain to the wrong account and possibly loss it? (I am talking baout enom :-D )

With this system that reg fly ( :veryangry ) and a fwe others use, its very easy to retrieve most of the time..

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Steen

Also remember,

If you are clumsy and unlucky, how easy is it to push a domain to the wrong account and possibly loss it? (I am talking baout enom :-D )

With this system that reg fly ( :veryangry ) and a fwe others use, its very easy to retrieve most of the time..
Also, have those guys ever heard of php? Or a shopping cart?

Try buying 20 domains at Rackshack! It takes about 90 minutes! At almost every other registrar, I can do that in like 3 minutes!

But I still love the Cow! :wink:

WebCat

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well ... we can't really blame RackShack: they discourages bulk registration or transfer BY DESIGN since they are actually selling below cost (as some kind of promo stunt/loss leader).

aguss

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rackshack is not so bad actually (in term of hosting)...
One thing I like about them is that they love to provide customers with good services at low price...

JMO
Agus S

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameSlave is right,

Think how much more "advertisment/brand recongnition" they get if 50,000 different people register one name each.

as appose to 1000 people regging 50 names each.

Much more profitable advertising campaign to discourage bulk.

And thats pretty much what it is, is using loss leaders as advertisments. Not a new practive at all.

Many of the largest retailers use the same thing.

Do you think they make money/much money one cigerettes, DVDs, postal stamps etc.. (bad examples :-D )

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but most serious web professionals and especially domainers are eventual great prospects for leasing dedicated servers. But if Rackshack pisses us off with poor domain customer service, then I for one would be very afraid that is the standard they set for all services.

I try to practice that old saying, "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well!"

And I imagine they have some kind of a deal set up with Tucows, where they pre-pay for say 10,000 doains at 4.00 each or something. I really doubt they are losing money on each registration. Maybe breaking even, but not losing.

As a successful entrepreneur for many years, I can tell you, you don't stay in business by losing money.

Just my humble thoughts,
WebCat

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...And I imagine they have some kind of a deal set up with Tucows, where they pre-pay for say 10,000 doains at 4.00 each or something. I really doubt they are losing money on each registration. Maybe breaking even, but not losing...

Being that Tucows must pay at least $6 (unless that changed?) for each domain registered through the .com, .net registries, RackShack is taking the loss.

As a successful entrepreneur for many years, I can tell you, you don't stay in business by losing money.

One wouldn't think so, but look at all the companies out there still selling products/services at a loss and are still around...

Anyways, if RackShack had any sense, they'd spend some money and buy RackShack.COM which they appear not to own.

Lastly, folks who register names through RackShack better read their FAQ...according to that they have determined what their renewal rate is going to be yet...so one may pay $5 now, but get hit with like a $15 renewal or who knows what... :huh:

Ron

wvspecialkvw

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a side note, have you all noticed that you cant register a name for more than a year....the dropdown only allows for a one year registration....whats wrong with this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom