Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service How to sell my all domain names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CivicAvenue.Com

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, i need help with selling all the domain names i own. can anybody recommend me an easy simple way. thanks

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you may also put them up for sale on your parking depending on whose park services you use eg sedo
good luck
CivicAvenue.Com said:
Hi everybody, i need help with selling all the domain names i own. can anybody recommend me an easy simple way. thanks

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OR get a Broker

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pleae realize that when you say "Get a Broker" that REAL brokers DO NOT EXIST.

Listing your domain with Sedo, Moniker or Afternic is NOT getting a Broker... it's just parking and hoping for a sale and if that's all you are doing, develop your site yourself, get some good contect and an Adsense account and do it yourself and don't bother sharing the PPC revenue with companies that are just sitting back earning half your PPC Rev while waiting for someone to come along and want your domain.

YOU are the one that will be driving the traffic to your domain anyway. Why share it?

All those companies will still be perfectly willing and able to take 10% of your sale in exchange for their Escrow services.

GoPC

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now why would a broker list something on Sedo, part of their cut will be taken away.

If all else fails, eBay it!

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not a Broker listing on Sedo... I'm referrig to Sedo BEING a broker. It really isn't true.

While myself and others are in heated discussions about the need of TRUE and REAL Brokers in this market, the fact remains that there aren't any.

GoPC

Reaction score
we are true broker's / marketers of domains for sale and purchase. That is why our average sale price per domain sale is so much higher than others. This approach works best for premium domains, however, as you can see we do great with all others as well. We would be happy to help.

fkrule

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aunctioning is the best way as you may make big bucks for names you didnot expect

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monte,

I love you to death, I think you know that... but I have to disagree. When you hire a REal Estate Broker, you get someone that actively markets and shares your property with others. When you hire an Auto Broker, you get someone with a list of potential buyers that he actively markets to and contacts. When you hire a Business Broker, you get an individual that works directly with you to package your property specifically to a buying niche.

When you post a domain for sale with Moniker, or any of the sellers, you get listed, parked and wait for traffic stats which then are used by interested parties that stumble upon a domain they might be interested in or better yet, went looking for your domain because they are interested in buying it.

In truth, rarely if at all, does any of these companies actively seek out specific buyers for a domain that isn't tailor fit to their existing traffic based customers.

StockBroker.com for instance, should have fetched a great price. But the only people there at the Traffic Auction were Traffic Buyers. NOT TD Waterhouse or Schwab or any other end-user that should have been contacted and told of the value of that domain to their bottom line.

There are many others listed all over these domain reseller sites. In fact, there are TOO MANY to even review and consider. I never realized just how many tens or hundreds of thousands of "parked" sites there were on the Internet until I started trying to understand how all of this worked.

And I just wandered into this looking for a way to offload a site I was prepared to let expire.

Traffic is big business and there's no doubt about that. Traffic domains "brokered" by traffic sites makes alot of sense. But I don't think that qualifies as "Brokering". The definition implies action on the part of the Broker.

There IS a movement going on to find ways and build new businesses that do actually actively contact and market directly to end users. This is what I would consider a Broker.

No offense intended to any of the Traffic Domain Resellers... they are doing a job for a specific niche, but I think this new group of Domain Brokers are going to bridge that enormous gap between trafficing domaineers and End-Users and THAT is what will bring the larger, more consistant money to the masses rather than just a few lucky high traffic generic domain holders like the SEX or POKER dot coms.

But hey, what do I know...

GoPC

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoPC said:
But hey, what do I know...

GoPC

obviously nothing when it comes to domain brokers.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL!!! At least I'm not alone in my "stupididty".

Show me otherwise.

GoPC

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoPC you make some good points, but I think there are some guys that are more aggressive at brokering than you think and that you might not know about. They don't want the competition and don't need to "advertise". They know the names they want or their clients would want. Some of them work with specific names or niches and are operate quietly in these areas often buying names outright and then flipping them themselves.

Real estate brokers do the same thing. If they see a deal they can pick up and make more than a brokerage fee off of they'll concentrate on those deals rather than wasting time on a % based fee.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks..

I see two follow up points...

1 - These Brokers need not be so elusive. There are literally thousands of domains out there ripe to be sold to End Users and NO WAY to get it done. There is money on the table and nobody is stepping up for it.

2 - The difference between the Real Estate Broker and picking up a quick sale and Domain "Brokers" is that Real Estate Brokers don't ONLY look for the quick deals and leave the other, decidedly big money deals, to rot.

This is a healthy discussion... I think one that is good for the industry and two that, had I read 4 months ago before I wasted so much time on the learning curve, I would be much farther ahead in my search for a Broker and the sale of several of my premium domains.

I don't buy domains for traffic. That puts me out to pasture right out of the gates. Thus the interest in change.

GoPC

UDLTD

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in helping move your names as well

biznews

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i have to agree with GoPC partly on his definition of an active broker. but, monte was right per his argument that, moniker secures the buyer one of the highest sale pricing in the industry. this is what after all, a designated broker should do too.

i am however, skeptical of other so called self proclaimed brokers, who do nothing but park your domains and take a cut of your revenue via ppc and domain sale for playing no active role of securing a buyer on your behalf.

one can always park domains on their own servers, like I do. But, if you have a very good domain, it won't hurt to use services of moniker. their good knowledge in this business can mean the difference between 1k and 10.

i pity those guys, who sell good domains today, on current traffic levels, based on a few months traffic multiple. What a waste? This is a negotiating tactic used by buyers to mark prices down. can you tell if today's traffic waves could be tomorrow's endless tsunami?

there isn't one best way to sell your domains. You must know your target market, other than sharks, who may want your domains based on traffic alone. you must try all avenues and all legal methods.

i am not sure how good your names are. But, one of my friends used a wall street journal ad to sell a bunch of his domains. It was targeted for the business community. It worked for him.

other places are - ebay, dnforum ofcourse, ********, using your own servers (redirects), being your own broker (create a website for your domains), offering a commission to someone for finding a buyer, ask your attorney (if you have one). if you have legal or financial domains, they have a lot of contacts.

Just my 7 cents. An extra nickel worth of opinion doesn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom