Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

how to set URL forwarding in godaddy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

northern

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How can I set URL forwarding in godaddy.com. I think I have set it up right, but i´m not sure. What I did was:

1º Set up URL forwarding address
2º Set up name servers
3º Set up forwarding IP

Is there something I am missing?

regards,
Hugo

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
basically

if you're forwarding to send traffic to another url, you would only change url forwarding

and nameservers would remain the same

if it's to forward to parking service, then only change nameservers

imo...

northern

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i´m using godaddy, and I had different nameserver than the default. I´m using URL forwarding to forward traffic to a parking company.
I´m not using DNS forwarding, but i´m using URL forwarding. Am I doing things right?

regards,
Hugo

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you go to domain management, there is a forward option. It's the fifth option from the left (starting at organize). I normally see changes within an hour.

screenshot_66.png

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i´m using godaddy, and I had different nameserver than the default. I´m using URL forwarding to forward traffic to a parking company.
I´m not using DNS forwarding, but i´m using URL forwarding. Am I doing things right?

regards,
Hugo

Hi

some time ago, most if not all ppc's required users to set nameservers to their respective servers.

ie: if you use sedo then set nameservers (DNS) to > sedoparking.com and that's it.

using Beards.net image example, you would go to option 8 "nameservers" and enter the nameservers of the company you are using.

if you're trying to forward traffic from domain1a.com to domain4.com, where domain4.com is already parked, then that could be tos violation.

imo...

Last edited:

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you're just trying to forward a domain to another WEBSITE use the forward option that I previously mentioned. If you're trying to do something else Biggie will likely be of more help. I don't know anything about parking and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom