Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to Trademark a Domain/ Logo???

Status
Not open for further replies.

blogcrash

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would really appreciate some help on this.

I'm almost ready to launch a new project online but my good friend Carter advised me to Trademark the Domain/ Logo and idea.

Seems cool.

But, since I'm completely lost.

I would like to know:

• How to trademark a domain/ logo/ idea in USA and Europe
  • Is it a hard process?
  • How much can it cost? All the process?
  • Is there a good way to find a company who can finance part of my investment being a major sponsor when i launch it?

Help is very very welcome friends
(also because this project is for domainers :) )

Thanks in advance

blogcrash

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your tip my friend ;)

But, just to be sure, that's all i need to trademark the domain name, the logo and the idea???

Anyone know how much is the filing fees?

Thanks in advance
(this really confuse me)

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You cannot trade mark a domain in the EU,also you cannot trade mark anything generic which falls into that category i.e apple under the classification of fruit and veg but you could if it were computers.

But its a different ball game in the U.S you can TM your own ass anything goes it's a joke imho_Oh and the Corrupt WIPO and UDRP do not think that the EU exist and go with the U.S rules no matter where you live.

blogcrash

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You cannot trade mark a domain in the EU,also you cannot trade mark anything generic which falls into that category i.e apple under the classification of fruit and veg but you could if it were computers.

But its a different ball game in the U.S you can TM your own ass anything goes it's a joke imho_Oh and the Corrupt WIPO and UDRP do not think that the EU exist and go with the U.S rules no matter where you live.

Great Tip ;)

Thank you very much for this my friend.

This (trademarks) it's completely new for me.
And to be honest and i,'m not certain yet about trademark the domain/ logo of this website.

But i think I'll do it to protect the website/ domain brand like Carter advised me.

Bido, for example, do you think they made a simple trademark with their domain?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great Tip ;)

Thank you very much for this my friend.

This (trademarks) it's completely new for me.
And to be honest and i,'m not certain yet about trademark the domain/ logo of this website.

But i think I'll do it to protect the website/ domain brand like Carter advised me.

Bido, for example, do you think they made a simple trademark with their domain?

I think Bido build a company and Tm the logo.
You can shot a PM to MediaHound and ask I think Jarred know more infos :)

Mauro still developing the maxi-super-site bomb...the domain-quake coming soon guys!! :D

blogcrash

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your Support Carter.

IO don't know if the website will be a maxi-super-site bomb :)

At the end i only hope to see domainers using it to create connections and enjoying it ;)

Time will tell us if all the work i'm having will be useful for all.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMHO you might need to retain a lawyer for this one. If you possibly miss one
potentially relevant detail, it could negatively affect your filing or so.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have done this and it is really easy I did this with "Onward" and own the mark for any type of sportswear....go to uspto.gov and read the instructions.

I looked at other examples of registered trademarks for what language they used and then catered it to my specific purpose. I successfully received the registered trademark in about 8 months...

One note though...My partner and I actually had been producing sports wear under this mark since 1995...

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you're better off trying to figure it out yourself than using Legal Zoom.

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can you go into more detail?

Yes, when people come to me and say "I tried to register this trademark through Legal Zoom, but it seems all screwed up now," I charge them a "being stupid and going to Legal Zoom fee." I'm not the only lawyer i know who does that.

But, when I have to clean up someone's mess that they made trying to do it themselves, I am merciful. Can't fault a man for trying to DIY.

Either way, it is likely to be effed up. Just one way makes you look industrious, if not fully competent. (and a lot of people do figure it out on their own). LZ just makes you look like an advertising-addled moron.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, when people come to me and say "I tried to register this trademark through Legal Zoom, but it seems all screwed up now," I charge them a "being stupid and going to Legal Zoom fee." I'm not the only lawyer i know who does that.

But, when I have to clean up someone's mess that they made trying to do it themselves, I am merciful. Can't fault a man for trying to DIY.

Either way, it is likely to be effed up. Just one way makes you look industrious, if not fully competent. (and a lot of people do figure it out on their own). LZ just makes you look like an advertising-addled moron.

Thats funny shite :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom