Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to transfer a domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foruma-z

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have registered all my domains by Verio.com, now i have sold one of my site and need to transfer the domain to the buyer...

Can someone explain me how to transfer the domain and what is the normal procedure for it...

This is my first sale, so pl help... :)

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
foruma-z said:
I have registered all my domains by Verio.com, now i have sold one of my site and need to transfer the domain to the buyer...

Can someone explain me how to transfer the domain and what is the normal procedure for it...

WELL , there are two ways

1) you could unlock the domain and have the buyer requset a transfer to your domain and then you will recieve an email , once you get the email you simply click on the link in the email or it will tell you to log in to you acct and accept the trasnfer

2) Most domain companys offer something called a change acct\

To do this the buyer could simple open a free acct with your regitar and you could transfer the name to his acct , This is called a "push"

Hope this helps you

Joe

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
foruma-z said:

Ouch. I had some problems receiving a domain I purchased from a Verio domain holder.

Best bet is to call Verio and work directly with a tech support person.

If you've already receieved payment for the domain and you've verified funds, then you could simply ask the buyer to provide their information - name, address, phone, e-mail, organization, etc, then simply have Verio switch over the domain information for you and make sure the domain is unlocked.

After that tell the buyer to initiate a transfer out to their registrar.

About 4 or 5 business days from that point the transfer will complete and you'll be all set!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom