Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to word an "Offer Letter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a domain name that turns out to actually have quite a big company named by the same name. However this company situates the *com.au address as well as numerous other Language extensions. I was considering emailing them to see whether they were interested in it. I've checked for TM's (none) and it's an Asia Pacific company and very large. This is what I drafted.

Hello,

I recently purchased the domain name *****.com and upon searching the Internet for possible uses, I noticed your company is known by this name and also have a website situated at www.******.au.

As I believe the aquisition of this .com domain name would enhance your online exposure, please advise me whether or not you would be willing to purchase it from me.

If so (this is where I get stuck - I want to somehow word a "How Much Would You Pay Figure") .

Any help would be appreciated

Mike

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Usually it makes more sense for them to wait for them to approach you. You approaching them is often interpreted as "bad faith", unless it's a name with no possible TMs. Just because you didn't find a reigstered one doesn't mean they don't have common law TM rights. If it's a generic word like "sex", you don't need to worry too much about approaching them.

Since you're in Australia too, they'd have an easy time suing you.... Best to develop it for the original plan you had for the name, and if they want it, they'd let you know....

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that info GeorgeK.

I think if i post the name, it will make it a bit easier for comments.

www.tele2000.com

mike

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's a neat tool here:

http://trademark.blog.us/Metasearch/metasearch.aspx

It found one in France for "Tele 2000", although one has to pay $$$$ for access to details on it. That tool doesn't check Australian TMs, though.

A search on Google for "Tele2000" (no space) reveals:

http://www.egoli.com.au/newsandviews/archives/14391.html

Is that the Australian company? If they're bankrupt, I doubt they'd be buying domains.

Searches for "Tele2000" and "Tele 2000" (i.e. no space, and a space, the second in quotes) show only about 1500 matches each, so it's unclear that it's a hugely advertised brand.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that article GeorgeK.

The bankrupt Company (or the one in Administration) seems to be a Supplier only to tele2000, not tele2000 themselves.

Thanks for finding out the above info for me. Really Aprreciate it

Mike

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
any chance of expanding on those few words ???

anyway members, carrying on to prtevious questions, today i have received an email intented for the tete2000 company.

is it wise to forward onto the correct email address stating why i got it ?

cheers
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom