Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to work with domains after purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinGu

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been buying domains from the 'Dutch Auctions' at Pool but am not sure how to work with the domain after purchasing... :rolleyes:

Out of the 40 domains I have bought, 5 times the various registrars have sent me an email with login details so I can access my domain details.

But the other 35 times, I hear nothing from the registrar. I have checked whois and all my details show up. So I could probably request a transfer to my accounts at other registrars...

... but what if I don't want a transfer, I just want to keep it at the current registrar. But I can't login to access and change details, and I can't push the account since the domain doesn't seem to be associated with any specific account at the registrar?

Any tips? Or is transfer the only answer? (and what if the registrar doesn't accept transfer without the current registree logging in to confirm the transfer?) :worried:

Thanks for your help,
JinGu

JinGu

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Pool section of this site sure is dead! 6 days after my last post and not a single new message here.

So I guess I'll try to answer my own question, in case anyone's interested... :approve:

I found a message here from a few years ago, someone wrote :

"Once you see your whois up, you go to the registrar who caught your name and retrieve lost password. That's how I always get mine."

and another person wrote :

"Some Pool registrars I've ended up with..... Will not even release a user/pass to the domain for 60 days. You want something changed you have to email in and beg for it."

Anyone want to share their own experience of working with domains after purchase from Pool?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is possible to contact most of the registrars.

Some of them have a "send me my password" link.

Some you have to write to for passwords or for changing nameservers etc.

I normally rely on default servers, and the problems sometimes arise when I want to sell a domain or transfer at renewal.

I think I have only found one or two registrars which are a real pain. One of them is leadnetworks.com where the registrar unlock feature doesn't seem to work and once I pass renewal, they don't have a simple online payment system for renewal.

JinGu

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for offering your experience, much appreciated.

So if you're buying A LOT of domains from Pool and you're planning on flipping them soon after, I guess it must take a quite a lot of time and effort to go through the whole routine of 'send me my password' for every one of them individually... But I guess you can't complain when you're making a nice profit...

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everyone on the boards knows how bad Pool is so we stopped talking about it.

My suggestion is to use Pool only when you have to but the chances of someone buying a pool backorder when you don't AND pool winning are slim.

While I'm here and if anyone from Pool or Namescout is reading this, would you PLEASE stop creating a new account for me every time you catch a drop for me? I have had over a dozen different Namescout accounts.

Here's a suggestion: If you catch a name for someone and they have an existing Namescout account, put the domain in the existing Namescout account. Seems to make sense to me.

JinGu

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's an update on the situation in case anyone's interested. One of the guys at Pool was nice enough to contact me to help me find the status of my domains... And he also pointed out that a lot of their domains are registered through NameScout... So I logged into my NameScout account, and sure enough all the domains I had purchased were sitting there. Since I hadn't received any notification of the transfers, I didn't realize they had all already been processed and sent to my NameScout account... (now 100 domains sitting there waiting patiently for me!) So that's my happy ending :laugh:

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namescout and pool deserve each other. Seems like each time I get a name at pool, namescout opens another account for me. Of course neither pool nor namescout sends me ANY notification.

C'mon pool. How hard is it to operate a drop business with some customer service? You probably have five engineers, a receptionist and one "customer service" rep. How far off am I?

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it was a backorder you can check the ""successful backorder" section for where it was reg'ed. Like said, mostly namescout but not always.

Also, to another comment.. Someone said "Everyone on the boards knows how bad Pool is so we stopped talking about it." is that true? Yes, they are expensive for a drop, but I have gotten quite a few names from them. I usually have backorders everywhere if I REALLY want the name, but as of late the seem to be messed up...not getting anything.

Steve

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, Pool and Namescout truly are the worst - the worst companies I've ever dealt with in this business.

As soon as we can transfer our domains away I will never use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom