Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How valuable or these extensions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paviod

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dunno, I noticed that many people register .info , .tv, etc. but are those extensions really valuable. I know some people have paid big bucks for these but I rarely ever type in .info or .tv (probably never). Just curious on others thoughts.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.tv is really silly except for tv-related websites, like plasma.tv (sold for a good price by a fellow member here) and deadlikeme.tv (one of my favorite tv series). As for .info, I'll leave it to the others to comment; I know that there is a small following out there. ;)

paviod

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. I personally wouldn't put any money on domains other than .com .net or .org - then again I would tend to sway only to .com's but that's me. Maybe i'm spoiled ;) Also what's you're opinion on domains with forum in it like example teacherforum.com or studentforum.com, etc. Do those have any value in them?

nameslave said:
.tv is really silly except for tv-related websites, like plasma.tv (sold for a good price by a fellow member here) and deadlikeme.tv (one of my favorite tv series). As for .info, I'll leave it to the others to comment; I know that there is a small following out there. ;)

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
paviod said:
That's interesting. I personally wouldn't put any money on domains other than .com .net or .org - then again I would tend to sway only to .com's but that's me. Maybe i'm spoiled ;) Also what's you're opinion on domains with forum in it like example teacherforum.com or studentforum.com, etc. Do those have any value in them?

Simple: use 'em or lose 'em. :eek:k:

If the owner has any long term plans for them, he/she will develop content for
it and tell people about it. In most cases, it's the content of the domain name
that makes it valuable (with the exception of those "high-powered sounding
names" you hear out there :-D ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom