Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How would you sell my HowToLoseWeight.com 19 years

lambright

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello, what do you think the best course of action would be for me to sell my HowToLoseWeight.com I created it in 1997. I want to get about six million and I think it's worth more to the right business. I was trying to raise venture capital money and I ran out of time and money. This is my first post here, sorry if this is outside the scope of this area of the forums.

I tried an auction site but this person Kevin Fink who in my opinion is a criminal pulled my auction mid-Auction and keep playing lots of bait and switch contacts. The person is a pathological liar and I want to sell my domain and sue him. He runs a popular domain selling site, but I think its a complicated bait and switch site where properties are sold to fake buyers giving the illusion of sale and it all a big shell game.

Domain summit 2024

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My first suggestion would be not being an asshole. I remember both your listings and I was probably the reason your listing was removed from flippa. I had reported you after you threatened me.

lambright

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My first suggestion would be not being an asshole. I remember both your listings and I was probably the reason your listing was removed from flippa. I had reported you after you threatened me.
Oy Vey! Yuri you're belligerent and you attacked me in the forums like you're doing now. Typical bully tactics.

Guys say's don't be an asshole, while being an asshole.

Exact definition of hypocrisy. Imposing a will and standard you don't impose upon yourself. Another word for Hypocrisy is liar. Lawyers are good liars.

I come to this forum in peace only looking to sell my property.

Last edited:

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But if you're actually looking to sell your domain name, your #1 option would be to consult with several domain name brokers. They will give you a ballpark figure for what you'll be able to sell the domain for and if you agree to that, they will represent you. Otherwise, you're best bet would be to 1) try contacting companies yourself and hope to get extremely lucky or 2) build the website to a point where it's actually worth 6 million. As of right now, I don't believe that any one in their right mind would value this domain name at 6 million unless it's generating serious cash flow.

lambright

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yuri you created much emotional pain and suffering for me and loss of income. Please leave me alone. Please.

Last edited:

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Careful what you comment everyone. I just received this negative feedback from "iambright":
"I was just trying to sell my domain HowToLoseWeight.com and Adam was insulting me in the fourms, like he is doing here at dnforum. He beats people up emotionally trying to get a better deal on buying your property is my guess. I don't want to hear or speak to him ever. I wish I could just block all his interaction"

Btw, who is Adam? Are you referring to Adam Dicker? If so, he's the owner of this forum. My name is Yury :)

ClickHoldem

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@lambright put biznoz on mute ...he seems to follow you around and has nothing of value to add to your flippa sale attempt, and here more of the same...As for your domain that is obviously a nugget you have...I wouldn't put a price on it, but do read my pm. By the way there is more than the 2 options biznoz has shared...There is no luck if you speak to the right person...the price will be yours to handle...brokers just know people who know people who have money backers...so I suggest doing your own dealing. It's not work, it's just time consuming and that name will do a lot of the work for you. Good luck.

CH

lambright

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The person who was belligerent to me was an attorney back east.

@lambright put biznoz on mute ...he seems to follow you around and has nothing of value to add to your flippa sale attempt, and here more of the same...As for your domain that is obviously a nugget you have...I wouldn't put a price on it, but do read my pm. By the way there is more than the 2 options biznoz has shared...There is no luck if you speak to the right person...the price will be yours to handle...brokers just know people who know people who have money backers...so I suggest doing your own dealing. It's not work, it's just time consuming and that name will do a lot of the work for you. Good luck.

CH
I was looking for a block button. Thanks for that advice. I'll try and find it.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you saw my name listed as Adam Dicker. Adam owns this website along with DNFcollege. And yes I'm an attorney. I'm unsubscribing from this thread now, good luck with the sale.

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice domain but not worth anywhere near 7 figures... Reseller pricing would be high $x,xxx - low $xx,xxx unless it is getting a lot of traffic.

lambright

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It does get massive traffic. Can somebody do the keyword value search thing. I was told 13, million searches per month for how to lose weight. At $6 per click.

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It does get massive traffic. Can somebody do the keyword value search thing. I was told 13, million searches per month for how to lose weight. At $6 per click.

Define massive traffic. 1000 per month? 1000 per day? The "keyword search thingy" shows 550k monthly searches @$0,36 CPC... So someone was yanking your chain ;)

ClickHoldem

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wayne you're lucky to have the name, many opportunities to sell that name to end user for good money. I will contact you via pm and let you know best strategies to getting in touch with best buyer. The name is one that could go to great use for very good money as it is straight to the point, and any brand that sales or is in the weight loss industry (weight watchers for ex.) would be wise to snag this from you. Surprisingly many company's are not aware of the value in keeping this out of competitors hands or how this could really bring them a huge increase in sales with a strategic marketing plan. Some of the big players out there, lean on their one single brand recognition name and don't know that they are missing traffic, sales, and clients that howtoloseweight.com could bring them without much expense via a simple but informative blog. The goal is to close all possible gaps in your brand (niche) so that you can't have any competitors get any advantage that is preventable...this is one way to get that 1up on competitors like Jenny Craig as a top competitor known by name...They tend to leave the small mans methods of generating traffic out of the picture, but one thing is for sure, they will regret one day not capitalizing on the domains that are very nice as yours is...and it will either go to them or the next best. Good luck with it...I pm you info.

CH

Define massive traffic. 1000 per month? 1000 per day? The "keyword search thingy" shows 550k monthly searches @$0,36 CPC... So someone was yanking your chain ;)

The only chain that is gettin' yanked is one that has pride inside. This is a place to encourage and network with other domainers that are seeking advice trusting they will get that. You did help in that you gave his some numbers and cpc info, but what about the info. he could take with him and say that is what I was looking to find at dnforum. Tell him the facts and provide your knowledge instead of telling others that they are gettin' taken. I used to be here all the time, and things already seem to be less of the community it was...I remember the teamwork here being all for the other guy...hope to see that attitude comes back. I seen the ego of the knowledgeable throwin' jabs at people looking for good help.

CH

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators