Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How Yahoo determines if a domain name is 1 click or 2 click

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone has an idea how Yahoo determines if the domain name should have 1 click landing page or 2 click one?

I do have my own suggestions, but would like to hear from others as well

alojah

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how Yahoo does it but I would think it would depend on how specific the domain name is.

Example:

SanDiegoHotels.com
VisitSanDiego.com

SanDiegoHotels.com is a very specific name in that anyone that would type that name into their browser is specifically looking for hotels in the San Diego area. In this case a 1-click landing page would do.

VisitSanDiego.com on the other hand is a much more broad name that could benefit a 2-click landing page where the first page would have links to hotels, car rentals, restaurants, tours, real estate, etc., which would lead to the 2nd page with the relevant ad links.

Bottom line, domain name specification would be the first indicator.

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
- 1 word generic targered to a search term name no matter extension get 1 click page by default (parked cheats.nu and got 1-click immidiately)
- same may apply for some 2-3 word generics
- After this depending on quality of traffic - after a while may switch u to 1 click
- Also the owner of the dn makes some difference - trusted domainers will get easier a 1-click after a while to some domains.

Some domains convert better to 2-click although are generics - if by default u see 1-click page when you park switch to 2-click after a while to compare.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
missedcall said:
- 1 word generic targered to a search term name no matter extension get 1 click page by default (parked cheats.nu and got 1-click immidiately)
- same may apply for some 2-3 word generics
- After this depending on quality of traffic - after a while may switch u to 1 click
- Also the owner of the dn makes some difference - trusted domainers will get easier a 1-click after a while to some domains.

Some domains convert better to 2-click although are generics - if by default u see 1-click page when you park switch to 2-click after a while to compare.

Thanks for the information, but what do you mean with the following:

Also the owner of the dn makes some difference - trusted domainers will get easier a 1-click after a while to some domains.

As far as I know there is no option to manually set it to 1 click landing page

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they manually set 1-clicks but they will set it "easier" if a domain is owned by a trusted domainer

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
[mod]Please stop posting useless one-word comments.[/mod]

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
missedcall said:
they manually set 1-clicks but they will set it "easier" if a domain is owned by a trusted domainer

Are you sure of that? Because I have some really high revenue domains and I was told yahoo automatically sets 1-click/2-click landers and they can not change that

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
Are you sure of that? Because I have some really high revenue domains and I was told yahoo automatically sets 1-click/2-click landers and they can not change that

yes yahoo does this not the PPC - this is done automatically based on some criteria they have - but they do some manual work also.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Preoccupy said:
Wow:boink:

Please stop making these one and two word posts. Almost all of your posts say "wow" or "cool" or "thanks" and are basically useless.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny got into this issue in this thread if you didn't see it before http://www.dnforum.com/thread154059.html .

He also stated in another thread that if you didn't get the 1 click lander on the first hit then its likely you won't get it.
http://www.dnforum.com/thread154993.html .

But as missedcall said , they might take look at your account if you request it, and see that you have quality traffic and set some to 1 click landers.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out to that thread. However, as mentioned in the thread, Yahoo determines it and not Parking Provider, so they can't manually change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom