Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Howdy DNF People!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofard

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My name is Shannon Johnson and I'm from Fresno, California. I'm a transplant from St Charles, Missouri originally... My younger life entailed selling vacuum cleaners door to door for about 15 years. I won several divisional sales contests, trips, money, stuff, etc but just wasn't satisfied with that kind of life. So, I moved to California about 20 years ago - I just had to come check out the land of fruit and nuts :)

I was in the domain game back in 1990 and 1991 and had some very, very good generic names. I started a computer firm here in Fresno that became wildly successful and grabbed my attention. I ended up selling that corporation to a division (person) of Agilent Technologies. After that, I "semi-retired" for about 10 years and enjoyed raising my son. Now my son is a teenager, and I'm re-entering the work force.

I decided on domaining as it is quicker to learn than programming websites (that'll come later) and I have a love for all things internet. I heard about the Adam's site and DNF college while buying a domain from someone on ebay and decided I had to sign up, even if I was a little late to the game. While I have a little over 300 domain names right now (almost all are .com's) , I lost most of the really good names I had registered back in the 90's through forgetting to renew them, expired credit cards not auto renewing, or just bad decisions - take your pick.

Thanks to Adam for creating, designing, maintaining DNForum.com and most importantly "putting up with us newbie's"
And, thanks to the all the thousands of members who also make the DNForum.com what it is as well.

I look forward to talking with everyone and good luck out there!

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to DNF Shannon :yo:

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aloha Shannon,

Welcome aboard my friend. Man those 90's was a great time to invest in domain names. Well nice to see you on board.

have a great day

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Shannon.:wave:

"I decided on domaining as it is quicker to learn than programming websites" that's debatable :pound:

woofard

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Shannon.:wave:

"I decided on domaining as it is quicker to learn than programming websites" that's debatable :pound:

Ha! I guess that's true! Going a couple weeks in between domain sales makes me think I should have picked programming first, instead... !

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey, woofard lol, i would never have taken you for a dnf noob, you may have joined just in april but you know lots of stuff ! i like your intro too, reggin names in 1990 and sellin a co to agilent no less, WOW, yeah i'd brand you "successful"...lol enjoy adam's forum, it is the best one by far !

Last edited:

DexSmart

Level 4
Reaction score
I think you probabaly made a smart decission to join the forum. This is the perfect place to trade domains. Hope you will boost your business around.

Good Luck and Welcome !

CupOfTea

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DN Forum, hope you enjoy your stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom