Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Huge capability improvement for heavy TDNAM users

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjlever

Boa Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I currently have a list of a little over 100,000 domain names that I track and buy should they become available for sale or even better drop. This large list made it impossible for me to check (except 1 by 1) if any of them are available at TDNAM. But that was then. Recently I contacted my executive account manger at Godaddy and told him about the difficulty domainers have using our bulk lists to find buying opportunities. He talked with a few folks in the TDNAM department and within a few days provided me a homerun solution. TDNAM provided me FTP access to the csv file (It’s big at 130+megs) that holds every domain they have for sale. The file includes the domain name’s price, auction type, and a few other attributes. I meshed this file in my Access database against my large desired name list and seconds later 100’s of matches popped out of the million+ available on TDNAM and I immediately purchased 12 based on a great price and buy it now option. Now that I have cheery picked the names that match my wanted portfolio, I download the csv file every three or four days and look for new matches.

I highly recommend you contact your Godaddy account executive and get access to the total listing file if you are like me and want to check TDNAM’s domain name availability against your large wanted lists.

Great Job TDNAM you saw a need and provided a great solution.

Domain Days 2024

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think it would be OK to post the FTP properties, IP, User and Password, so we can all download it, Why not?

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good stuff rjlever

I think it would be OK to post the FTP properties, IP, User and Password, so we can all download it, Why not?

Uh, I don't know, maybe because they were not issued to you...wow

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

rjlever

Boa Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I checked and TDNAM would like to maintain control over who has access to the FTP download site. They are willing to provide access but want individuals to be assigned unique username and passwords.

They reiterated that users contact their account executive.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the .csv and opened it in Excel, but something weird happened. A lot of the prices were truncated - for example, on buy-it-now domains with prices of $1,xxx or $2,xxx (according to TDNAM's website), the price was shown in the spreadsheet as $1 or $2.

For a moment, I thought I had found some real bargains!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess they put commas in the figures, but it's a CSV delimiter ;)

I'm playing with the files right now.
Anyway it's an improvement, thanks for the heads up :)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They'e had this going for a couple of years now... it's not new.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess they put commas in the figures, but it's a CSV delimiter ;)
Yeah, you're probably right.

Anyway, I can tell which ones are $x,xxx and which ones are $x, because the $x ones look like "$5.00" and the $x,xxx ones look like "$5". So it's not really that much of a problem.

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting.
But how to hire a executive account manger at godaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom