Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Huge Soccer Website / Complete Player Database / Voting System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jako

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SOCCERSURFER.COM

DESCRIPTION

My idea behind this website was organize and maintain a soccer database of active soccer players, clubs, leagues, confederations, etc.

In total, I have 670 player profiles and 47 nations. I also have 435 clubs added, 66 leagues, and the 6 confederations.

The players page allows visitors to vote for their favorite soccer players, with a max of 5 votes per day. Within a couple months of implementing this voting system, we have accumulated around 1,700 votes!

I wanted to give each profile page a "facebook" type feel for each player. That meaning, you can click on a players age, and pull up all the other players who are also the same age. Or you would be able to click on his home city and view all active players with the same home town.

I put quite a bit of work into the website, there is a complete back-end which allows the administrator to control pretty much everything. Adding content, pictures, etc is all done through the back-end system I setup.

Videos are pulled from youtube for each player, so no videos have to be added, only player information and pictures.

Player Forum Signatures

Every player has a player signature that can be embedded on a website / forum. These images update dynamically for every player you add or edit. Here is an example

I also own the domain goldenstrike.net, which redirects to soccersurfer.com. Upon purchase of the website, you will also receive goldenstrike.net

If you have any questions or would like any specific screenshots, please don't hesitate to ask!

Soccer Surfer Main Pages

• Homepage
  • Players (top 10 voted players, also allows you to search for any other player in database)
  • Videos (displays youtube videos of top 10 players and allows visitors to watch them on the website)
  • Nations (displays all the nations complete with logos)
  • Clubs (displays clubs with rosters of 5 or more in our database, other clubs can be searched for)
  • Leagues (displays the leagues in our database)
  • Confederations (displays the 6 confederations)
  • Birthdays (allows vistors to find players who have birthdays for a specific day)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINANCIAL DETAILS

The only revenue has been from selling occasional text links and through Text-Link-Ads. I have not added Adsense or looked into other forms of advertising. The website has a lot of potential for generating revenue, I just haven't had the time to explore them.

One form of monetization I wanted to look into was placing Amazon affilate images for soccer players jerseys on their profile pages, it just wasn't something I had time to finish.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRAFFIC DETAILS

I have included screenshots from both Google Analytics and from Mint. For the most part I tried to average the uniques and page views between both scripts to find the most realistic value.

I haven't really advertised the website within the last couple months which is why some of the traffic has slowed down a little, but as you can see from the screenshots, the traffic is still holding up strong from search engine referrals and keyword searches.

First Page for "top 10 soccer players" on Google.com

A lot of the traffic comes from Google for keyword searches, I have included attachements of these searches, but here is the direct link for the first page result.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
Image 6
Image 7
Image 8
Image 9
Image 10
Image 11
Image 12
Image 13
Image 14
Image 15
Image 16
Image 17
Image 18

Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators