Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Hurricane Charley

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What am I gonna do when the power goes down from the hurricane and I can't access DNForum? I guess the two cases of Red Stripe on ice in the bathtub will have to suffice......

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe Duke and a bunch of us are in the same boat.

Traditionally, we lose power when these storms pass thru the Wash., DC area.

Both of the storms are scheduled to pass thru this area. Fortunately, it will lose
50 - 70% of its force by then.

I just heard they raised it to a category 3 hurricane hitting Tampa, Fla.
(range 1- 5).

They are calling for 3 - 6 inches of rain with high winds saturday night here (Wash,DC).
And, we are presently receiving 2-3 inches of rain from tropical storm - Bonnie.

Steve and Duke must be busy boarding up their houses in Tampa.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The storm actually took a last minute right turn and is now within an hour of slamming into the Ft. Myers area as a Category 4 storm (can be catastrophic). Looks like the Tampa Bay area has dodged the bullet. Hasn't even rained at my house today like it does on most summer days. A real relief because just a few hours ago they said much of downtown Tampa would be underwater by dark.

Zearo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oui. I don't think I could live in Florida for that reason. In Texas really the only thing we deal with is flooding. It either rains for 5 minutes or rains 10 days non stop. There is no happy medium. I go to school in Tennessee, and so far I have not seen anything severe, but I stay with my family in Kentucky a lot, and I have already been through 5 tornado sirens this past summer. I have decided I am not going to live in KY either. I love storms, but not all this severe stuff.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just saw news footage - demolished trailer parks, roofs being peeled back - bad news for all residents.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Just saw news footage - demolished trailer parks, roofs being peeled back - bad news for all residents.

that's what happens when good chunk of 17m state residents live in trailer parks.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
EDIT - Search Engine Spidering

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ouch, that's tough, hang in there guys...

Steve, that's terrible, just be glad no one was injured in your case, best of luck in your attempts to recover from this tragedy

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
Real Bad Storm - We lost our home on Captiva Island they tell us. 16' Storm surge and 130+ MPH winds took down most of the house. Lost about 80% of the beach out front as well - Cut the island next to us as North Captiva into 2 sections with a 400 yard wide canal now running through the center of the island. Glad we left before this one came in. Looks like most of the island is gone. Best to all throughout Florida. Steve

Really sorry to hear that Steve. Glad you were not there when it hit.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Steve. I don't know what we can do, but let us know if you need anything.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that steve. Whats more important is no one was injured.

I saw it on the news that some parts could take up to a year to rebuild? Good Wishes to everyone in florida.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
Hi Guys - All is well with myself and our family. Thanks for the toughts!!! We use this home about 3-4 months a year of late. I have owned this place for 14 years and never had much of a problem. Was a wonderful area on the coast. We were there last week straping it down and trying to get it ready. We left 2 hours before the storm turned on Friday and got to I75 when it hit. Had a terrible time trying to find shelter till this morning so we could head North to the Tampa area where we live the most of the time. Duke it missed T Bay all together? We thought maybe we could loose 2 houses in one storm. I tried to get back on Sanibel and the islands this morning before heading North and they are completely closed down. Saw a video from a news team at the bridge and it was just terrible. The docks where I keep my boat were gone all to together. I know of a number of people that stayed on the islands and refused to leave. No report on them. Saw a video on one 2 story house on the same lane as my house and the only thing left was the cement piers that supported it. The owner of our company owned several business and various properties on the island and I spoke with him on the phone and he said he flew over the island in a helicopter and most all was either gone or totalled. Our thoughts are with the folks down there. Sure looked much worse than Andrew to me - Steve

PHOTOS TO VIEW - Click on the galleries - http://www.news-press.com/index.html

Steve - yes, Tampa Bay was virtually untouched. This storm cut such a wide swath across the rest of Florida I think the damages will easily exceed Andrew.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is a big one Duke - Thoughts and prayers to every one in the path of this monster storm. EDIT - Search Engine Spidering

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom