Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Hurricane Frances

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm preparing to evacuate (otherwise known as an excuse to take a trip to the West Coast of Florida). I hope all the rest of you situated along the East Coast of Florida are taking the proper precautions...

Keep our homes in your prayers guys...

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two in one month! - take care you guys.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yup ..stay safe guys

jane118

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i heard it may also change course and hit the west end of florida as well...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's too early to predict & the hurricane is too wide...planning to stay put in Orlando. Stay safe everyone!

myblueshoes

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looking out my window now, you'd never know there's a class 4 hurricane headed my way. I live about 800 yards (2.5 football fields) from the waves breaking against the Atlantic coastline in South Florida.

The pandamonium and histeria are amazing: waiting on lines at the supermarket to buy drinking water; getting cans of food and other emergency stuff; waiting an hour or so in 90 heat to fill up my car with a tank of gas -the supermarkets, gas-stations, and home depot (to buy wood to board up the windows) are making a killing- everything is sold out!

It's tru that the electricity may go down, the water may cut off, floods may hit us.....Luckily the wife and me don't own a home yet... A lot of people left and are on the road to somewhere that they think is safer. I'm waiting it out to get better info. and planning to leave at 3 in the morning if necessary.

I did have enough time though - before handeling all that silly stuff- to backup my hardrive and check on hurricanefrancis.com dn (it's taken)

Some would say that I've got my priorities mixed up. But, I know that you guys can relate. :-D

See you when I see you...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Thank God I live in Michigan.

I bet you don't say that in the middle of January! :-D

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LTmaster said:
Looking out my window now, you'd never know there's a class 4 hurricane headed my way. I live about 800 yards (2.5 football fields) from the waves breaking against the Atlantic coastline in South Florida.

The pandamonium and histeria are amazing: waiting on lines at the supermarket to buy drinking water; getting cans of food and other emergency stuff; waiting an hour or so in 90 heat to fill up my car with a tank of gas -the supermarkets, gas-stations, and home depot (to buy wood to board up the windows) are making a killing- everything is sold out!

It's tru that the electricity may go down, the water may cut off, floods may hit us.....Luckily the wife and me don't own a home yet... A lot of people left and are on the road to somewhere that they think is safer. I'm waiting it out to get better info. and planning to leave at 3 in the morning if necessary.

I did have enough time though - before handeling all that silly stuff- to backup my hardrive and check on hurricanefrancis.com dn (it's taken)

Some would say that I've got my priorities mixed up. But, I know that you guys can relate. :-D

See you when I see you...

You might be okay...just like Hurricane Charley...it was dead on for Tampa for two days straight and at the last minute it turned and we did not see one drop or even a breeze. The people were going absoolutely nuts in grocery stores and all over the roads...you just never know where they are gonna go. Just stay put. It's more dangerous trying to get outta here with all bluehairs on the road than the actual cane!

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But this one's three times bigger in size than Charley!

And I flew down to Kendall (Southwest Miami) within 48 hours after hurricane Andrew hit back in '92 to help my brother out. It might as well have been a nuclear bomb. No utilities, no water, no food--no nothing for weeks! (But plenty of hungry squitos.) Hope it doesn't happen again! That's all I can wish for all of you!

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just saw on the news that the hurricane will hit north of Palm Beach and head towards
Tampa.

The citizens of Tampa are starting a petition to ask Duke to move away.

They think all of these storms keep ending up near Tampa because of Duke's magnetic
personality. :-D

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
...It's more dangerous trying to get outta here with all bluehairs on the road than the actual cane!

And now gas shortages are a VERY serious problem!! You probably couldn't get out even if you wanted too!! Pretty scary shit!! :worried:

Mikey4067

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For all the people in Florida, I wish you luck on the next hurricane hit. I hope it won't be as severe as the last one. Id say youve people must of had enough distruction from the last storm. I wish everyone luck and hope everyone remains safe. The last thing Florida needs is people getting hurt.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stay safe everyone in that area. Here's hoping it's not as bad as they predict.

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ed30 said:
Stay safe everyone in that area. Here's hoping it's not as bad as they predict.
<sigh> no gas..no hotel rooms available..my house is up on stilts..I'm a goner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom