Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Hybrid Drives Popping Up Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Story

Other Hydrid Drives news stories

One of the overriding themes of the North American International Auto Show is that hybrid drives are going to be an important part of our automotive future.

Multiple 2007 and 2008 models will have hybrid options, including America's best-selling car, the Camry and other mid-sized cars like the Malibu. Several larger models like the Mazda Tribute, the Saturn Vue, and the Ford Escape also have hybrid models in the works for ‘07 and ‘08.

Even more interesting, car companies are now looking to mix alternative fuels with hybrid technology. The ridiculous looking Ford Airstream concept is designed to be a hydrogen/electric hybrid, while the concept Chevy Volt that has created so much buzz is modularly designed so that the batteries powering its electric motor can be charged by any means, from gasoline, to natural gas, to biofuels, to fuel cells.

Adding electric power storage systems to cars is not a trend that is going away any time soon. Hybrids and other alternatively-powered cars are absolutely taking over auto shows. It's becoming obvious that these technologies will expand into plug-in and even full-electric cars in the not-to-distant future.

Only one person in Detroit seems to be deriding hybrids nowadays, and that's Martin Eberhard, the CEO of Tesla Motors. In his opinion, anything less than a full electric just isn't going far enough. And I'm not sure we disagree.

Domain Days 2024

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting, they have been using this method for years with deisel electric trains. Now a DE boat, that would be the go because you can get alot more weight into a decent sized boat than a car.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. Looks like Hybrid drives are the thing of the future. They will be as big as 1 TB (1000 GB). The only downfall is that they are only compatible with Vista's "ReadyDrive."

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No question that the sector will continue to expand.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like Tesla Motors and hope they succeed.

I can't afford one of their cars at this point but I would love to get behind the wheel and check one out.

0-60 in about 4 seconds!

http://www.TeslaMotors.com

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow. Nice cars! I've never even heard of the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom