Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Hyphen dotcom versus non-hyphen .org/other

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoretical

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I've picked up some domain names for an up and coming celebrity which still had a number of domain names available for hand registering. Namely the FirstNameLastName.org, FirstNameLastName.info and FirstName-LastName.com

I went ahead and bought all 3 names but I'm not sure which is the best for development purposes and which ones should just forward their traffic on. From what I've seen there are probably more FirstName-Lastname.com celebrity web sites that get listed at the top of google results compared to .org or .info, but thought I'd ask the experts. Thanks!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would think firstname-lastname.com is best choice if non-hyphenated version is taken, followed by firstnamelastname.info

theoretical

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Roger. I realize the fan site thing is tricky but that's also why I feel better about getting sites other than the FirstNameLastName.com because I think that's the most likely one that would be asked to be given up. I think as long as the content is consistent with the model/actress/whatever you are on pretty safe ground. In fact a couple of the sites I'm working on are just affiliate sites for the model's own pay site.

Thanks for the feedback. One more follow up question... would you all recommend having the other sites (like the .org or the .info) forward to my own .com or would those be better off parked/for sale? I mean, ideally my own site would get enough ad revenue to make it worthwhile compared to a straight parking site but those other names might be valuable to other fans, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom