Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Hyphenated Domain Values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have sold tons of these over the years, especially the one's with a single hyphen. Search engines seem to favor them which is nice for sites.

Anybody else have a lot of success selling them? What % value do you put on them opposed to the non-hyphenated ones, for example:

HomeBusiness.com
Home-Business.com

I have found they usually sell for about 20% of the non-hyphenated version's sale value. Anybody else?

Domain Days 2024

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are great for targeting adsense if you can get traffic to them. Otherwise I personally stay away from them unless they are prime. Last one I regged had 5 hyphenated keywords and adsense loved it -- came up with all the right ads regardless of content.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would put the same value as the non-hyphenated domain, and let the potential buyer make an offer if the original asking price is too high.

most hyphenated domains that i have sold were .org's ;)
and a few .com's with 2 or more hyphens.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The hyphenated domains are good for search engine optimization and targeted
ads indeed. I didn't buy or sell many of them though. It's difficult to get good
prices for hyphenated domains, in my opinion. In Germany hyphens are not as
disreputable as in other countries. Therefore it's easier to sell German domains
with one hyphen for reasonable prices. Domains with more than one hyphen
are almost impossible to sell. I've never bought or registered one so far... One
hyphen can be okay, two is inherently too much. All in all, hyphenated domains
are good for development, so you should try to sell them to end users. Resellers
don't like them in my experience.

M90

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I find hyphenated domains (one, two max) are great for optimising for decent placement in the serp's. I'm surprised their value isn't greater than the current market prices.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
i would put the same value as the non-hyphenated domain, and let the potential buyer make an offer if the original asking price is too high.

most hyphenated domains that i have sold were .org's ;)
and a few .com's with 2 or more hyphens.

Thats a good idea. I have run into a few people that believe the hyphenated version of such and such domain is actually the proper form. It actually visually helps an end user digest what the domain really is, for example free-ecards.com opposed to freeecards.com. Not only does it look better, but they are very strong keywords.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After reading some of these I guess Ima go register a couple of hyphenated versions of some domains im developing right now.

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just registered my first hypenated domain 2 months ago. I hope it will increase its value in the future.

MrFlicks

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
M90 said:
I find hyphenated domains (one, two max) are great for optimising for decent placement in the serp's. I'm surprised their value isn't greater than the current market prices.

I agree Google seems to love em both the se and adsense

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just dont use overture with ext ie xxx-xxxx.com will give you bogus results

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I registered Credit-Report-Information.com. Both the net and org were already taken so I figured I might as well snag the .com. Haven't done anything with it yet other than park it on Sedo, doesn't get much traffic. I'm hoping when I develop it it will do ok. I think it might be too long though. I also have Consolidate-Student-Loans.org. I took that becuse the phrase "consolidate student loans" has very high paying results on overture, and every other extension was already taken at the time I registered it.

This might be interesting to someone... Credit-Report-Information.net is available now. Must have just recently dropped.

doMainStreet

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. 'Just picked up Credit-Report-Information.net for reg.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're welcome doMainStreet. Good luck with it.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's the spirit guys. This is a good market. I just sold a few more for 4 figures each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom