Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I am a buyer in the $1 Domain Auction threads.... lucky me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Master

Domain Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and just recently I am getting shutout of being the winner in two or three of the domain auctions because the seller decides to put an "illegal" comment/reminder/bump in the thread midway and/or at the final moments of the auction.......thus forcing the mod's hands to CLOSE the thread...thus relieving the seller of any responsibility to follow through with the selling of the domain in this auction.

This is just 100% dam unfair to the buyer....:upset:..why should I be punished for this ???

So let me get this straight. I place a domain in auction for starting bid of $1..someone bids the dollar...in the final moments of the auction I thank the bidder for his bid.....and poof the thread is CLOSED and I dont have to sell the domain for a dollar. Right??? That's great for me, the seller>>>

So, mods, any comment on this? Is this the way it is ??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and just recently I am getting shutout of being the winner in two or three of the domain auctions because the seller decides to put an "illegal" comment/reminder/bump in the thread midway and/or at the final moments of the auction.......thus forcing the mod's hands to CLOSE the thread...thus relieving the seller of any responsibility to follow through with the selling of the domain in this auction.

This is just 100% dam unfair to the buyer....:upset:..why should I be punished for this ???

So let me get this straight. I place a domain in auction for starting bid of $1..someone bids the dollar...in the final moments of the auction I thank the bidder for his bid.....and poof the thread is CLOSED and I dont have to sell the domain for a dollar. Right??? That's great for me, the seller>>>

So, mods, any comment on this? Is this the way it is ??

I mentioned this in this thread
http://www.dnforum.com/f79/please-s...hread-closed-2-thread-426004.html#post1914260

If you read on in the thread you will see that Johnn was going to look into "time left" bumps being allowed in active auction threads.....I think

Good point.

it has now come full circle

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right now, as the rules stand, bumping is not allowed (and (to the memebrs who do this)- don't start pointing out threads that have been bumped but weren't closed - we can't watch every thread on the forum, use the report button please).

12. Do not "bump" your sale threads with the word "bump" or no relevant information. All replies to your own threads in sales MUST contain information pertaining to the sale. You must have a minimum price reduction of 10% to post a price reduction as a bump. Otherwise, edit the original post and do not bump! Do not use sneaky bump tactics like "If you PM me, post in the thread that you PM'd me". No "PM sent" replies to threads. There are too many bump tactics to list, so please just don't try any of them. Trading bumps is not permitted, you bump for me, I bump for you, etc., so even if there's no harm intended, do not bump others' threads because you think it's a good deal, or the recipient will feel obligated to bump your thread, and you can see where this will lead. As a seller, you can reply to an offer but you must have some new/additional information. Maximum bumps/replies/updates is 3 for the life of the thread. All sales threads which are inactive and more than 3 months old are considered null and void unless otherwise stated by the original poster / seller and can be closed by administration at any time.

And in the $1 auction subforum:
7. Blatant and deliberate attempts to bump your thread to the top of the list with comments like (but not limited to) "bump", "up", "still available", "2 more days to go", etc. will result in the thread either being closed or deleted without notice! You may be warned at first, but repeated offenses may be treated differently.

There shouldn't be any reason to bump an auction thread, there shouldn't be any price reductions and people don't need a reminder at when it is ending and the current offer, both are in the thread.

We did have a situation where someone had several of the same auction closed because of bumping. In the last auction I decided to delete the bump posts as opposed to closing the thread just so it could get over with.

This is something that we've been discussing before other posts came up, too. We're trying to find the best way to handle this while also eliminating the possibility of abuse (we also have auctions with no bids and daily updates at how much time is left).

When a decision is made we will let people know, either as an announcement or in the rules sticky posts in the relevant subforums.

Yes, it is frustrating (for the buyers and the mods).

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggie,
this has been lately a big issue now , of last moment bumps!!
as rightly mentioned by domainmaster, why the buyer has to suffer?

such cases where the auction is in progress, you can have the following options with you,
1) every domain selling thread to have a note @ bottom of reminding not to bump @ xx time before domain auction closing..
2) at tech enhancement level, auctions like $1 threads can have a close of auction date/time mentioned on basis of which things can be controlled.
3) a button can be added for starter to hit it maximum 3 times before the auction closes. this can be fun ?? these hits can have a icon in the thread list, something like that, again a tech enhancement

also, as biggie said, threads violating this policy gone unnoticed cannot be compared with the threads closed. they can only be reported so mods can take action
sometimes, i feel, we just expect six sigma implemented everywhere!

said that, it is also a request to dnf to really look into this issue/scenario i should rather say, as this is an ever growing platform (till the industry loves domainers ;) )

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK - I was able to convince the staff and management to approve to allow ONE Bump on the last 24 hours (Last Day) of the auction.
This will apply to DNF Auction, External Link Auction and $1 Auction Sections.

No other bump allowed.
Will implement and add to the rules in 24 hours.

Thanks,

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Just making changes to the rules.
You are allowed one Bump in the last day (last 24 hours) of the auction.

This will apply to all auction sections: internal and external.

Thanks,

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cheers John....

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK - I was able to convince the staff and management to approve to allow ONE Bump on the last 24 hours (Last Day) of the auction.
This will apply to DNF Auction, External Link Auction and $1 Auction Sections.

No other bump allowed.
Will implement and add to the rules in 24 hours.

Thanks,

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Just making changes to the rules.
You are allowed one Bump in the last day (last 24 hours) of the auction.

This will apply to all auction sections: internal and external.

Thanks,

Cool!

Thanks John

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom