Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Wanted: Service I am looking for a programer who can create a program similar to eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am after a programer or company who can design a similar site to eBay. Please note the word 'similar', I do not mean a copycat site.

The site will loosely be based on the eBay format but with ome major differences that will make it unique and more attractive to both buyers and sellers in certain major categories. My requirement then is for an experienced programmer/s who are more than competent in all major programing languages and functions common on the internet today.

Any person or company involved in the development would of course have to sign a confidentiallity and non-disclosure agreement. Please also note that the specific requirements will only be made known to those selected to tender for the project.

I would also be grateful to any member who could suggest a programmer or company they think might be suitable for this project. If such a recommendation leads to a successful engagement then appreciation will be shown in the traditional manner.

Last edited:

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can outsource these things at guru.com, rentacoder.com or getacoder.com.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what is your budget for this project?

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good points made and questions asked. Now to clarify points and answer questions.

I would prefer a recommendation from someone who has used the programmer/s or programming company. Obviously a good recommendation cuts down on the chance of being hoodwinked.

The basic idea is that of an eBay style site, but none of the readily available sites are suitable as such. When one takes on a giant it is better not to be a shadow of the giant. The new site will be substantially different.

The budget is not set yet. If the right programmer/s or development company can be found then I will include their figures in the business proposal to the VC companies I have approached.

Irealise that my answers are somewhat criptic in nature and hope members will understand the necessity for such. All advice, recomendations, etc., are truly appreciated.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... ok, the reason I asked about budget is because I have actually worked with eBay development in the past. I have a fare idea what what the initial development cost are and on ongoing cost.

This is not easily accomplished if you don't have financial backing to implement correctly.

This is a multimillion dollar project.

I am going to PM you some helpful info

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom