Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I built a tool to find 2 or more words domain. Is this tool a HERO or a BUST?

DomainSeller

Reaction score
I have experience building tools used online. And now I've built a tool to find high quality 2 or more words domain. I want to know if this tool will benefit domain buyers/sellers or is this tool useless. If it's not useless, I would like to know how to improve it to make it very useful for us domain buyers/sellers.

This tool finds:
- 2 or more combination words domain
- Unregistered domains
- Has commercial value
- Have great combination of SEO stats (Based on Google Keyword Planner)
-- Monthly Search Volume
-- CPC
-- High Competition

Since almost all single word domain names are taken, there are still thousands or even millions of 2 words or 3 words combination domains out there.

I'm not talking about random useless 2 word combination that doesnt make sense for business like FlyingToaster.com or SilentThunder.com.

But, combinations that have commercial value such as UsedCars.com & MensClothing.com (FYI these are already registered. I'm only using them as examples of what combination names this tool will find).

I have had amazing results of finding thousands of great commercial value 2 words combination domain names that are unregistered using this tool. Examples of domains I found for myself are CaneBed.com, ChuckEye.com, & KnitPolo.com.

Would you use this tool?
If so, why would it help you a lot? What other features would be helpful?
And how much are you comfortable paying per domain find, if this tool is made available now?

Any thoughts & support would be appreciated :)

FYI, if you're not a user of this platform, you can share your thoughts and support to the email below:

[email protected]

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DomainSeller

Reaction score
Hi

is it a wrench, a saw or a screwdriver
not going to email, so where is the link?

imo...
At the moment, there's no link. There's no need to email. The email is just for the ones that dont have DNForum account to reply to this thread only.

I'm still trying to improve the program locally on my computer. I'm just sharing the idea of what the program is and can do. I just dont want to continue improving the program if it turns out that it's actually not something that is useful for many of us.

Unfortunately, there is no way at the moment for anyone to try my program, but hopefully I can get some helpful opinions regarding what features that might be useful to be added to the program.

Maybe an example might help understand. If you input the keyword "car" into the program, then the program will output a list of unregistered commercial value domain names with 2 or more combinations of words that are related to keyword "car" such as UsedCars.com or SellYourCar.com or BuyCars.com. That's just it, for now.

Reaction score
I think you need to give an unregistered example. So far you are only showing valuable taken domains. I highly doubt the domains it is producing are on the level of usedcars.com.
If it is not taken it is generally not worth having except on rare occasions.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
I'm not talking about random useless 2 word combination that doesnt make sense for business like FlyingToaster.com or SilentThunder.com.

But, combinations that have commercial value such as UsedCars.com & MensClothing.com (FYI these are already registered. I'm only using them as examples of what combination names this tool will find).

I have had amazing results of finding thousands of great commercial value 2 words combination domain names that are unregistered using this tool. Examples of domains I found for myself are CaneBed.com, ChuckEye.com, & KnitPolo.com.

It seems you could be on something.. Maybe try getting 50 best names you can and try to sell them as a portfolio deal here and at DNWE.com > market will tell you if you on something good and will vote for it with their $$$

All the success!!

Reaction score
Ah I didn't see this line:
'Examples of domains I found for myself are CaneBed.com, ChuckEye.com, & KnitPolo.com.'
I personally wouldn't even pay reg fee for them but some people might.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
'Examples of domains I found for myself are CaneBed.com, ChuckEye.com, & KnitPolo.com.'

I would neither..

then I looked up "cane bed" at Spyfu (https://www.spyfu.com/keyword/overview?query=cane%20bed):
Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 11.02.47.png

and they have advertisers:
Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 11.05.07.png

.. beautiful.. https://www.canebedscorral.com/

===

"chuck eye" (haven't got a clue what it is):
Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 11.04.05.png

===

"knit polo" also seems to be a kw:
Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 11.06.55.png

.. none of these keywords, of course, are crazy valuable, though still > all seem to be related to users who wish to spend money on these products..

DomainSeller

Reaction score
I do agree that the keywords produced by the program most likely wouldnt be at the level of UsedCars.com (I was just using this domain as an example of combination of words only, not the level quality of domain).

The domain names produced by this program will most likely produce very niche names which explains why many wouldnt recognize what "chuck eye" is, even "knit polo" and even "cane bed".

As you can see in the screenshots @Helmuts took, these domains do have some volume, popularity, and advertisers. From these stats, does it mean these domains are worth thousands or just hundreds or is it worth nothing (despite the stats)?

What are the reasons you & @Helmuts personally wouldnt pay reg fee, despite the stats showing some level of domain quality?

Reaction score
In my experience those low search volumes are meaningless. The domains would have no traffic, hardly anyone is looking for the term, and it's too generic to bother spending lots of money on branding and time on development.
However you've had those domains for 4 months now - are they earning you anything or generating any interest? What are traffic levels like? Also if you were going to develop a site selling cane beds wouldn't you prefer canebeds.com? (still available) or were you intending just to develop a site, brand, and make money from explaining what a cane bed is?
I think there is a reason this domain was available for decades until you registered it.

The upshot is, to me these domains are worthless without spending time and money on development. And I would rather spend that money acquiring already established domains/sites with traffic. These are the kind of domains that we'll see on the droplists a year later in my opinion.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't even pay reg fee for them
Hi

i feel the same way.

the tool might yield better results for terms that have yet to trend.
ie: names you can reg now and hold a few years until they become mainstream.

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom