Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I cant contact a domain owner, privacyprotect dot org email issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own pitchforks.net and was going to list it with godaddy auctions.
Before listing, I decided to try to sell it to an enduser.
I found a website pitchforksposts.com and tried to contact them to sell pitchforks.net to them.
I did a domaintools.com lookup and saw privacyprotect.org as the "contact" name.
I attempted to use their email submission form to contact the owners, but I received an error message saying:
Please note: This Domain is not Privacy Protected and the Owner (Registrant) contact information is available from the public Whois.
What can I do to contact the real owners?

Domain Summit 2024

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI to others,

Please don't try to sell me the .net version of any .com I own.

Thanks

:)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's most likely a bug in the WhoIs records, it could be at the registrar level or registry level. Normally the registrant has to request this be fixed, it's weird if he has privacy that one gets a message saying the WhoIs is public. Another option is to email the registrar. With any luck they'll fwd your email to the registrant without revealing to you who he is, but that's up to the registrar. Some registrants actually choose NOT to receive any email from the WhoIs contact info and they mean for you to get that error message. So email the registrar about offering him the domain or simply asking him to contact you

....I did a domaintools.com lookup and saw privacyprotect.org as the "contact" name. I attempted to use their email submission form to contact the owners, but I received an error message saying: Please note: This Domain is not Privacy Protected and the Owner (Registrant) contact information is available from the public Whois. What can I do to contact the real owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom