Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I contact JBH,no reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnol

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is JBH here?
thanks

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Give him a shot, maybe he's working. If he's in trial, you might not hear from him for weeks or even months. If you really need him, send a FedEx letter to his office address.

SoCalBoy

dnol

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is he here?
is there any other lawyers here?
thanks a lot

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm an attorney in Los Angeles, location of ICANN and some the leading internet companies in the world. I am in receipt of your PM, and will respond soon. Thanks.

Last edited:

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I assume he has an office with a secretary, and probably an or some coworkers assistants as well. I remeber a thread where he had a n e-mail address for one of his employees. I would assume that either calling or contacting that employee is your best bet.

dnol

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot.
Good Weekend:)

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I assume he has an office with a secretary, and probably an or some coworkers assistants as well.

And, most importantly, a telephone, which Cristin is paid, among other things to answer.

I had four UDRP responses and two lawsuits to deal with in a span of five days last week. It was, quite frankly, one of my most difficult weeks ever, and I've been running from about 6 AM to midnight every day.

On a daily basis, I receive anywhere from five to fifteen inquiries from people I don't know, and who do not identify themselves fully, asking legal questions that range from the very simple to the enormously complex. Whether a question is "simple" or "complex" is not determined by the length of the question. If there is no telephone number or other contact information, whether I decide to write an essay to [email protected] on the topic of whatever it is that j45kl wanted to know about, is something that I take at my option.

Complicating this situation is the fact that some aggrieved party has decided to use my email address as a forged sender address in spam. So, in addition to my already fairly aggressive spam filters, I've had to implement a number of server-level mass rejects, so that I can manage the unfiltered inbox of messages from people who have not contacted me before, and are therefore neither whitelisted, nor on a filter to the "people I know" inbox.

The staff here consists of three people. Myself, my wife and partner, and our admin/manager Cristin. Typically, if you contact me on a day when I am engaged in an appearance or writing a brief, you are not going to reach me, and your email may scroll down into the abyss. OTOH, Cristin is normally quite good with telephone calls.

As far as PM's on forums goes... I participate on quite a few forums, and I cannot vouch for the security or confidentiality of messages stored in any forum system. For that reason, I do not generally read PM's and do not encourage their use as a means of communicating with an attorney.

Do feel free to call, but recognize that if 10 people want to talk to me for 10 minutes in a day - that's nearly two hours of the working day. Hence, I have to assign priority to paid work, and have lately had to limit the number of new matters I accept.

Incidentally, Cristin has been working with me for 8 years, and will typically take down quite a bit of information from you on your first call, because she knows the first 10 questions I'm likely to ask anyway:

http://www.icannwiki.com/Cristin_Donahue

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
now that's an answer! :eek:k:

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John, I actually feel like cloning that post into a new thread (and maybe tweak it a little) and make it a sticky in your subforum for you!
Talk about a scalable response :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Watch out because his response might be considered commercial tm & under the snowe bill you might goto jail & owe millions! :eek:k:

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the man was busy, and yet took the time to write a detailed reply. John, I think the year is going to be like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom