Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I don't understand premium domain names, where they came from, why they exist, or who chooses them?

GARBAGEPLAY

Reaction score
I went to buy a tv for my youtube channel and the damn thing was 650 bucks.
So I read up that cctld premiums are set by the country. Ok fine.

So I went to buy the xxxxtv.com and it's two-THOUSAND dollars. What the fuck. Since when are .coms that are NOT privately owned priced like that? It's a dumb fucking work with tv at the end that practically no one uses. Why is it 2 grand?

It seems I can't register it anywhere. Am I just screwed? Is there no where I can register it at a normal price?

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

release your anxiety, my young jedi
don't let the dark side of domaining, engulf you with rage

:)

at some registrars like dynadot.com, .tv can be registered for about $26 and at epik.com it's about $29

those so-called "premium" labels attached to the names you saw, where either set by the registry or a private owner.

if you post the exact name, then we can tell which is which.

BTW: if you upgrade your membership to Platinum or Exclusive then you can take advantage of promotion by Epik.com
see post below for more info.
https://www.dnforum.com/threads/epi...ketplace-now-open-to-all.572195/#post-2300710

imo....

GARBAGEPLAY

Reaction score
Seems I can't edit my OP to tone it down a little lol.

It's $600 at dynadot and $590 at epik.com

This is crazy.

But what's more crazy is the .com for $2000 as a public / non-privately owned domain. I dont' ever remember registrars settings these kind of prices on compound words. I guess it's just because all the five letters are gone now?

(also, Last time I posted an unregistered domain here, someone bought it and tried to sell it back to me lol. Maybe I can find an equivalent to share)

GARBAGEPLAY

Reaction score
My bad, whois does come back on the xnxxtv.com to hugedomains/namebright. They have it listed for 1500 and everyone else is marking it up.

xnxx.tv is coming back with no whois data, some I'm guessing it's set at the cctld level at that price.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators