Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I got a an email from godaddy today

Status
Not open for further replies.

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Basically it just tells me about changes they are making.

Thing is My registers as of now are 1 0N 1, Omnis, tucows and domainsite,not godaddy.

Why would I get this email title dear valued customer?

Has anyone that uses godaddy recieved this email?

I guess what I am asking is tucows or domainsite re sellers for godaddy?

halfacat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
methods said:
Basically it just tells me about changes they are making.

Thing is My registers as of now are 1 0N 1, Omnis, tucows and domainsite,not godaddy.

Why would I get this email title dear valued customer?

Has anyone that uses godaddy recieved this email?

I guess what I am asking is tucows or domainsite re sellers for godaddy?

GD just sent out an email about their new privacy policies coming out in Oct. You may still be on their mailing list.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got the mail also. They are doing changes to their privacy policy, so it is important for them to let all their clients know about it, what seems to be the problem???

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:
I got the mail also. They are doing changes to their privacy policy, so it is important for them to let all their clients know about it, what seems to be the problem???

Never had em, ever.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You must have signed up for an account or provided a reseller with your address I am guessing.

halfacat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:

its called corporate responsibility.

when you get a domain with GD or WWD you click on a Legal Agreement. This Agreement. amongst many other things, includes information about your privacy and the information you provide to GD or WWD and how they handle it. this is an update to that policy and as they provided a link in the email i would suggest that you go take a look at it:
http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/legal_agreements/show_doc.asp?isc=gdf0903a&pageid=PRIVACY

basically they are clarifying a few aspects of their program and how they handle your information. they also clarify that you will not be getting another of these notices for minor changes to the PP.

i dont know of many other online companies, besides my bank, that takes the effort to let you know whats up. (and the bank f***s it up most of the time anyway)

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got that one also. Although i am now an Enom, Namecheap, EV1servers client. I used to be with GD.

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
even having an empty account puts u on their list ..there is no option to delete an account for what i c . I thing their new privacy policies was caused due to a stolen account and an unauthorised domain transfer taken place on their system...don't know what really happened but someone is very :huh: :huh: with them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom