Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I Hate Spam Version 3.2 - Great Spam Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just read a glowing review in PC World magazine about a program called I Hate Spam version 3.2 that the magazine said would remove 98% of the spam from your Outlook mailbox. I just downloaded a free trial version (you pay $19.95 for it after 30 days if you decide to keep it). I'm already sold.

I was going to give up using a couple of my email addresses because they attracted dozens of spam messages a day making it very difficult to get to my real mail. I Hate Spam has wiped out almost all of the junk. It learns as it goes so it gets better each day too.

It has a super easy set up and integrates directly within Outlook. A couple of other great features are a Report button that automatically sends two emails reporting the Spam - one to the sender's ISP and the other to an internet Spam fighting organization so they can catalog the sender and make the data available to spam fighting software companies.

It also has a button to send a Bounce message making the sender think your address is no longer any good which gets you off many lists. If it mistakenly flags an email as Spam that is not - you just click the "This is Not Spam" button and it will no longer delete those mails. It is uncanny how accurate it is at correctly identifying Spam right out of the box though.

There are two versions - one for Outlook that is awesome and one for Outlook Express which the mag says doesn't work nearly as well. So I would only recommend it to Outlook users. I think this is the first time I have ever stopped to recommend a specific product but I am so happy with what this has done for my mail handling I decided to share it.

Here's a link to the company's site:

I Hate Spam

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tried it due to duke recommending it above and it rocks

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has definitely been a big time saver for me - cured my spam problem and it was a big one. Nice thing is you can try it for 30 days for free and only pay if you like it (I still haven't paid yet - though I definitely will when my free time is up)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been using the Outlook Express version for about 6 months and am only mildly happy with it. It gets rid of all the Korean crap very nicely, but it also gets rid of a lot of mail that is not spam, and skips a lot of mail that is spam. The "this is not spam" feature does not work very well either.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow
I have been using the Outlook Express version for about 6 months and am only mildly happy with it. It gets rid of all the Korean crap very nicely, but it also gets rid of a lot of mail that is not spam, and skips a lot of mail that is spam. The "this is not spam" feature does not work very well either.

I pointed that out in my opening post. PC World loved the Outlook version but did not like the Outlook Express version. I have no idea why the results are so different with the two Microsoft programs - but the Outlook version is awesome.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, that's why I made it clear I use the Outlook Express version.

Anyone here been using the Outlook version for any length of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom