Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

i hate ultimate search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why do these sleazes have to screw around with re-setting peoples Home pages to their crappy site?

Why do people resort to deception and trickery to make a buck? What happened to honest work?

Hey

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got this stupid thing kinda like ultimate search except it's called enhance my search and it doesn't take up your homepage it just popups like crazy on certain keywords . I tried all those spy/adware progs just couldn't get rid of it I resorted to wiping the hard drive and re-installing windows it annoyed me so much :'( If I ever met the founder of enhance my search in a dark alley I am going to kick him where the sun don't shine .

Phantom

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey said:
I got this stupid thing kinda like ultimate search except it's called enhance my search and it doesn't take up your homepage it just popups like crazy on certain keywords . I tried all those spy/adware progs just couldn't get rid of it I resorted to wiping the hard drive and re-installing windows it annoyed me so much :'( If I ever met the founder of enhance my search in a dark alley I am going to kick him where the sun don't shine .

Thats what Im talking about. So, my most recent experience was that they sent me a spoofed email (totally illegal in this country, its a federal offense) that appears to be from Yahoo customer care. And it says some crap about verifying your account was properly registered by a person and not a computer and since I had just changed my account info, it kinda made some sense. So anyway, not only do they hijack my home page, but they install malicicious spyware.

Great business practice huh?

Hey

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On the enhance my search what makes it terrible and tricks you to install it (which I think should be illegal how they do it) if you say no on that company's active x it doesn't pop up another one like it , it pops up a new one that has a big button at the bottom that says "close this window" with a check thats checked above it , than in small letters which I and most wouldn't read it says if window is closed when check is checked it'll install so I closed the window and end up getting the crap anyways :-(

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe Ult would send "spoofed email....that appears to be from Yahoo customer care." Are you sure about that? I always thought Utl was a legitimate firm and would be really surprised if they did that kinda stuff.

P.S. Welcome back Mole, have not seen you here in ages it seems.

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree, last I checked ultsearch does not need to send spam and use crappy parasiteware to gain traffic.

If it is an ultsearch domain name and landing page with their links to ovt paid results then perhaps someone is trying to frame them.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
It's hard to believe Ult would send "spoofed email....that appears to be from Yahoo customer care." Are you sure about that? I always thought Utl was a legitimate firm and would be really surprised if they did that kinda stuff.
No, it looks like the topic of the thread got off track. Comparison was made between Ultimate Search's hompeage and the practices of another PPC player who uses POP-ups, homepage requests, and IE exploits, and spam to manipulate visitors. I honestly don't think there's much bad to be said about Ultimate Search. Buy Domains? Eek. No there's a crazy dungeon of pop-ups and redirects to fall into. I still say "whatever". It's their business. Just protect yourself, whether pop-up blockers or virus protection.
trader said:
Cheers, Mole.

~ Nexus

M

mole

trader said:

Thanks, trade. I was in Bombay and Hong Kong over the past 2 weekends and totally stressed out in-between. :goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom