Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

i have a question about Adsence

Status
Not open for further replies.

kytec

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have used adsence for the last month and it seems im getting more clicks but less money.

See the clicks are the same or higher but the amount is getting less any ideas why

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google uses random ads. Just because an add is in the top position, doesn't mean it is the highest paid listing. They also randomize (I think) related searches. For example, if you have a "games" site. You may see sites that have adwords for "free games", "free game downloads","game downloads" etc. Since these are all different search terms, the bids are different.

I have a free web hosting site that on the first day, only had 10 clickthrus, but the revenue was $25 :) Since then, that site gets 50 daily clickthrus, but yet the revenue sometimes is only $10.

It just depends on how lucky you are I guess :), Plus there are other factors involved, I'm sure.

Hope this helps.

5starAffiliates

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kytec,

FYI, I believe that Googles TOS say you are not supposed to whate your stats or talk about conversions or how much you are making. They would porbably not discover it here, but be sure you don't talk numbers like this over at the WMW forum that Google hangs out on.

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, posting your stats is not a good idea.

With that said I read somewhere that a group of smarties put a pen to paper when Google's financials were released for IPO and figured out that AdSense payouts have consistently dropped perctage point by percentage point since coming out.

I wouldn't take that for fact but even if it is true they still may a higher rate than anyone else.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BGray said:
....AdSense payouts have consistently dropped perctage point by percentage point since coming out.....

I can verify that! A big-time drop in both EPC and CTR (in spite of an increase in clicks and traffic), starting about April 2, and even more dramatic a drop the past week or so.

Due to AdSense TOS can not reveal any details but let's just say I am extremely disappointed and have conveyed that to G several times. Unfortunately, there are no viable alternatives. Wish MSN or Yahoo would come out with a similar program but does not appear on the horizon. G is the only major player.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
I can verify that! A big-time drop in both EPC and CTR (in spite of an increase in clicks and traffic),

Maybe competitors are causing a storm of click fraud to dent Google's IPO plans?

a2zofb2b

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kytec said:
i have used adsence for the last month and it seems im getting more clicks but less money.

See the clicks are the same or higher but the amount is getting less any ideas why

Google has introduced new CPC Payout starting in April.
Review Type website will get higher CPC Payout and the Directory type sites will get lower CPC Payout.

This might explain your situation.

For latest development you may visit http://www.WebMasterworld.com/forum89

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom