Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I have been banned by Pool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A couple months ago I could not log into my account. They said that somehow a hold was placed on my account.

They did not know why and released the hold.

A few days ago I could not log in again. I was told that the management will no longer be servicing my account. They refuse to give me any reason.

I actually have a credit in the account and they said that they would be sending a refund check "as soon as possible".

Regarding the "store credit": I "purchased" about $800 worth of .pw domains from their "Domains For Sale". Since NO .pw domain can be "owned" or sold or even used by putting up a web site or parking page, the .pw extension is worthless to me. I complained and asked for a refund since I did not actually BUY anything from their "Domains For Sale" list. They gave me a "store credit" because they don't issue reunds.

Regarding the ban: I have posted many times on the domain boards about this .pw situation and I am sure that this is why Pool.com banned me.

So, (if you care about your Pool.com account) be careful about what you say about Pool.com because they will ban you.

Do I care? Not really. Pool has a lot of terrible registrars and I hate the thought of bidding against myself so I only backorder names at Pool when I really want a domain.

Add this rotten user experience to their current low success rate and I could care less that they banned me... as long as I get MY money back.

Pool sucks. They ban me without notice or reason and still have my money.

Must be a wonderful place to work!

Use caution when approaching the Pool.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have stopped using pool for well over a year now.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
freestyler said:
I have stopped using pool for well over a year now.
I think a lot of us have.

At least, I hope so :)

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm still using them, honestly. They are still catching great domains, and the more of you all that stop using them, the better my chance of getting a "good" deal. I entered into "challenger" level for two domains this week that are worth $xxxx, and my bid was only $xxx. Didn't win either, but this is a sure sign that most of the money has left, and those of us looking for deals may be in luck.

For the record, I dislike their bidding practice, but honestly they have the right to charge however much they want and conduct their auctions as they see fit. Additionally, they have the right to ban whomever they want for whatever reason they wish. That is the essence of capitalism. I feel that their policies will drive them out of business, but I'm hoping to catch a "going out of business sale" in the meantime.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
For the record, I dislike their bidding practice, but honestly they have the right to charge however much they want and conduct their auctions as they see fit.

Not exactly true. They will ultimately reap what they sow. :cheeky:

M

mole

FLe8 said:
I'm still using them, honestly. They are still catching great domains, and the more of you all that stop using them, the better my chance of getting a "good" deal.

Boy, did you hit the nail on the head with that comment .... now lets hope nobody reads this thread.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've stop using pool over 1 year ago too..
enom is my most preferred follow by snapnames and namewinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom