Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I have no problem whatsoever with Godaddy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've seen a rash of "I don't like Godaddy.com" threads, and I guess I would like to counter with the fact that I don't mind them a bit. You can't beat their price, and once you get used to their interface, it's second to none.

Just this last week, I once again, for the 5th time had to write enom to get an .org transferred to godaddy.com. I called Godaddy.com to see what they could do, and the gentlemen I spoke to was very courteous and was "on the ball". I had the .org names in my account within minutes.

Anyways, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in there with regards to Godaddy.com. I realize some haven't had a good experience with GD. Frankly I can relate. I have never had a good experience with ENOM. The only reason why I deal with them is because I've purchased names from other domainers who pushed the domains to me.

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with you about GoDaddy- totaly, and they are my favorite!
I disagree with you about Enom however.

I use both because I like them and their support - only they can prove me wrong. I also do like and use other registrars untill their support or security failes.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
G'day Izopod..
If Godaddy's interface is so good, I challenge you to write the instructions here on how a buyer can accept ownership of a domain name.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
haha, so intelligent (DomainMan)...

to accept ownership of a transfered domains, just click on 'Pending Account Changes' or something similiar to that

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TheDomainMan said:
Godaddy Rocks If U Dont Like It Then Leave It!!!!!!

Hahaha... YOU CAN'T! This have this anti-consumer rule: if you transfer between Godaddy acounts your name is locked at Godaddy for ANOTHER 2 months.

If you like spam, you'll LOVE Godaddy... they spam you on the site as well as email.

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with GoDaddy as far as registering domains, but their backorder service is flat-out useless.
Their backorder service is about equivilent to me selling backorders to clients (with no guarantee of anything at all) and manually trying to secure whatever is leftover after Pool.com and SnapNames.com take all the names they want. If you plan on backordering with GoDaddy, make sure it's a name that nobody else wants and your chances will be great =)

I guess I just had to vent for all the times I reasearched domains way in advance, placed backorders, then received the good news from GoDaddy via Email

Sorry, DOMAIN-NAME-HERE.COM Capture Attempt Unsucessful.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy.com is by far my favorite as well. Their support and functions are all great. I've heard great things about Fabulous.com as well but have yet to try them. Godaddy's backorder service does need improvement but i have had instances where they got me domains that had snaps and bids at all the other "catching services".

Izo, you are a bit impartial though due to your love for $4.95 .biz regs!

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is it true that names which where just regged at GoDaddy cant be pushed to another GoDaddy acount before 60 days? I know we cant transfer to another registrar but is it still possible to reg a name today and push it tomorrow to another GoDaddy account?

Thanks,

Mike

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tippy said:
Is it true that names which where just regged at GoDaddy cant be pushed to another GoDaddy acount before 60 days? I know we cant transfer to another registrar but is it still possible to reg a name today and push it tomorrow to another GoDaddy account?

Thanks,

Mike
Yes, You can do that at GD. Reg. one day and transfer ownership the next.

You need to push to the full whois of the new owner who then needs to pull to their GD acccount

The account name is not required by the pusher, even though 99% of people will give it to you

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info :)

Mike

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The thing I hated about godaddy when I first stared using them was all the ad pages 3-4 just to get to the payoment page.

BUT.. that is actually a feature that should keep prices relativelstable at GD , in that tjey pick up additional revenue all the way to the payment page ..

As much as it is a pain in the rear.. It makes me confident that GD will be around a long time as a discount register because they keep all avenues for revenues open. Those ad pages can counter the discount domain prices ( and low margins ) and help keep GD profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom