Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I have one .com domain and I wanna sell it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistermovie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am more of a NooB than most, I think, but I've had one domain for some years, I attempted to turn it into a site but lacked the funds and time to do so. Now I want to sell it. I believe it can do the right end user some good, and so I believe I might be able to make some money. I chose it carefully when I took out ownership, so I personally think it's a well-written .com domain. My film industry friends reacted really well to it when I mentioned what it was some years ago. So I've held onto it, and just renewed it for another year. (I listed it here a few days ago; no responses, so I suppose my ballpark price was out of the ballpark.)

Yes, I want to make a half-decent chuck of change off of it. No, I haven't had it appraised. The more I look into appraisal services, and catch wind of scams, the more confusing and possibly questionable that process looks.

There are lots of domain sites that will list for free in return for a percentage of sale...do any of these places have "safe" track records?

I got a Platinum membership here, actually, for the exclusive purpose of selling this domain. I don't plan to be a broker (at least, I don't right now). Anyone have some sound advice for a NooB in my situation?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have sold quite a few domains on sedo.com, as well as afternic.com

many domainers use these sites to market their names.

they collect the funds from the buyer first, and guide you thru the transfer process.

Limit$

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
< no advertising >

mistermovie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any other meaningful comments? If not, I'll proceed with the good advice I've garnered so far. Thanks a bunch!

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As someone who has bought & sold hundreds of movie-themed domains over the last 7 years, I have seen your domain and unfortunately I don't think you'll find a market for it from within the domain-buying services available. I don't want to be too discouraging, but in my opinion you ought to brace yourself for the likelihood that you will not sell it for much more than the cost of registering it.

I believe your only hope will be to find a genuine end-user that does not understand domain values and hope to make a modest profit.

mistermovie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All the advice so far is very good and useful...thanks! I imagine that if I am not able to sell it for anything substantial, I may actually just hold onto it and continue developing a site.

That said, though, just how does one go about finding end users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom