Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I have the answer to stopping SEDO Low-ball bidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First off, let me say that last year I got a $100 first offer, and $50,000 second offer, so I don't think it's a good idea to ignore first bids, no matter how low.

HOWEVER -- Sedo does limit bidders to (I think) 10 open bids at any given time, and every bid is open for 7 days UNLESS the seller responds.

Here is where we can really f*** the low-ballers -- we all ignore low-ball 2nd bids! Do not counteroffer, do not cancel bid thread. Every person that does this will stop the low-baller for a week, and I suspect these guys try dozens at a time. A bunch of Sedo sellers ignoring their second bid would cripple the mass low-baller.

Anyone else with me?

What -- no takers? After all these complaints about low-ball bidders??

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I usually ignore them for 3 or 4 days.
I will make it 6 days now. :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Unless the offer is serious, I don't respond at all. They have my email from the WHOIS; if they are serious, they eventually get in touch with me.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
What -- no takers? After all these complaints about low-ball bidders??

I'd rather see a BIN system at SEDO. This has been happening a lot to me lately. A seller sets an asking price, I make an offer at the asking price, then the seller turns around and makes a counter offer at 10-50x higher than the asking price they set.

Total waste of time.

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many big sales started with a low ball offer ,
work them all, "Moby Dick" might be at the end of the line...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I reject lowball offers outright.

I bought a domain for $30 in 2003. Someone found the selling thread on DNF and offered me $60 for it - acting pissy on top of that because I asked $1800 for the name. Then he threatened me he'd use Pool to get the name from me.

I just sold it for $2500. Prices are going up, not down.
Lowballers can suck on a sour sucker.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use the minimum bid option on most if not all my domains. Low-ball offers are auto rejected.

- Rob

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By not setting a minimum offer (which might then leak their bottom price), sellers are inviting lowballing. It's trade off.

By the way, Sedo does have a BIN system where sellers are obliged to sell at the "fixed price" if they so choose (instead of "make offer").

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
By not setting a minimum offer (which might then leak their bottom price), sellers are inviting lowballing. It's trade off.

By the way, Sedo does have a BIN system where sellers are obliged to sell at the "fixed price" if they so choose (instead of "make offer").
I'll be doing both depending on the names from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom