Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I just bought a domain on Ebay for 99 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckles2

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was the only bidder at 99 cents. It was an experiment, I figured it was worth a buck for the education. I don't think the domain will be worth a year's registration fee, but I made payment and I'm curious to see if he follows through with transfer.

Seller has 99% positive feedback.

For him the few pennies is hardly worth the effort, so anyone wanna place bets on whether the guy will actually reply to my emails, or possibly claim that the transfer is conditional upon using a particular service?

(It's only been an hour or so since I won the bid, and the description made no stipulation.)

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suppose we can only judge the value of the deal if we know what the domain is?

Chuckles2

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yesyesyes.us (But really, it was just an experiment I have no plans or expectations. Expires in Sept.)

Mostly I was wondering if people think it's likely he will actually go through the effort to transfer it.

dreamant

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have sold things for 99 cents and i transferred them even though i didnt want too.... but im not going to get a neg feedback over 99 cents

Chuckles2

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I might if he doesn't deliver. After all, I won.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you read all the details, or you may be the one backing out on a transaction. There may be a renewal fee before it can be transfered. Certainly to get it to the register of your choice you will probably have to renew for a year.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a auction from syntheticrhyme, if it is. the sale is on the up and up, no strings.

It's a numbers game with him and others, they search out new registrations at Godaddy, reg them and put them up on Ebay, some fetch over $100, some .99 cents. This may of been a old one that never sold until now.....Most of these domains are worthless BTW.

Chuckles2

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Different seller, but indeed there were no strings.

The transfer went through without a hitch, and without added costs. All I paid was the 99 cents. Will I renew registration in September? Probably not.

Just to be clear: I never figured it to be a valuable domain. I just wanted to experience the process. It's the only thing I've ever bought on Ebay.

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

The transfer went through without a hitch, and without added costs. All I paid was the 99 cents. Will I renew registration in September? Probably not.

Just to be clear: I never figured it to be a valuable domain. I just wanted to experience the process. It's the only thing I've ever bought on Ebay.

Good on you!
I truly believe that we learn by doing and the lesson is real when cold, hard cash is on the table (even $0.99).
Good Luck

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

obviously the seller did not want the name and did not want to bother renweing it so he figures $0.99 is better than nothing...

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chuckels2, congrats on your first positive ebay feedback.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You can always try selling the domain here on the forum, I've seen some junk get snatched up here quite a few times.

Chuckles2

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's an interesting name, but I don't see much value since it's ".US" Just parked with GD so I'll see if it gets any action.

I know this isn't an auction thread and I'm not looking to sell, but if anyone is inclined to PM an offer, feel free.

BIN: Three French hens, two turtle doves, and your first born daughter. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom